Monday, April 21, 2008

A little zig and a bit of zag

I decided to dust off my sewing machine and use it on a few cards. Normally I just make some cat pillows with it but thought it was about time I tried my hand at sewing on a card. I need a bit of practice... I'm okay sewing in a straight line but I haven't quite got the knack of turning corners. :)

Notes: Layout is Beate's WSC44... just flipped a bit so that the birdie was looking towards the sentiment instead of away from it. Main image was stamped in Black StazOn on watercolor paper and colored with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an Aqua Painter. Squares of designer paper were cut and adhered to a Chocolate Chip mat and then zigzag stitched with a sewing machine and white thread. The sentiment was stamped in Black StazOn on River Rock and cut out. A few brads were added and the card assembled.

BTW... don't be surprised if you see sewing on my next few posts. Since the machine is spread out all over dining room table I might as well make the most of my mess and use it a few more times. Oh and I've been playing with the Watercolor Wonder Crayons, but soon I'll have fun new coloring toys to use. Yay... I jumped on the Copic bandwagon and bought a batch of them. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Time for You. Paper: River Rock, Chocolate Chip, watercolor, Cutie Pie designer, Always Artichoke prints designer. Ink: Black StazOn. Other: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, vintage brads, white thread, sewing machine, dimensionals, Aqua Painter.

6 comments:

  1. Love your color choice here and your corner sewing looks pretty good to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your coloring of the little bench! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Great colors with that stamped image and love how you sewed and cut out the words for the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tooo cute! Love this! TFS and have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! I love when you colour with the WCC...fab job! Can't wait to see what you do with your Copics...I'm loving mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)