Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Piece of Pretties Wednesday

Two weeks ago Joni (the super illustrator for Paper Pretties) challenged the design team to make a card with paper piecing. This was perfect for me since I had more of the great new Basic Grey paper to play with. I picked out a couple of sheets with cool blue and green tones and took the color scheme from there: Bordering Blue, Mellow Moss and a bit of Chocolate Chip accents. Hmmm... this may just become a favorite combo for me!

This card will be winging its way to Jules soon. I'm a bit behind in my mailings... again.

Quick notes: Main image was colored with markers, except for the dress which was paper pieced from Basic Grey designer paper. A blender pen was used to add a bit of Bordering Blue shadow around her feet. The necklace was highlighted with a white gel pen and the flower with a clear Spica pen. The rest is pretty straightforward but as usual if you have any questions just send me an email or leave a comment and I'll try to answer it! :)

Stamps: Flutter By (Paper Pretties), Pretty Petals background. Paper: Mellow Moss, Bordering Blue, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, 6" x 6" Archaic pad (Basic Grey). Ink: Pallete Hybrid Noir, Mellow Moss Classic, Bashful Blue marker, Mellow Moss marker, Bordering Blue marker, Brocade Blue marker, Close to Cocoa marker, Chocolate Chip marker, Pretty in Pink marker, Blush Blossom marker, Copic Spica clear glitter pen, white gel pen. Other: brown brads (Doodlebug ?), ticket corner punch, chocolate satin ribbon (May Arts), small corner rounder, dimensionals.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I just LOVE this!! The colors are so pretty - love her dress!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paper on this one is amazing!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)