Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Prettie Wednesday

A couple weeks ago Charmaine issued a challenge to the rest of the Prettie Girls to watercolor an image... nothing fancy just ink and a watercolor brush or Aqua Painter. This card will be making its way to Jillian as soon as I mail it... I'm a bit behind. :)

Quick notes: main image was stamped in VersaFine Onyx black on watercolor paper and heat set. The feet were masked and an oval from Sassy Circles was stamped in Going Gray Classic ink. The image was then colored with various Classic ink pads and an Aqua Painter. Ain't she just the cutest?! Any other questions on the card just let me know!

A close up of Sophia just because she is so cute!

Stamps: Flutter By and Sassy Circles (Paper Pretties), Many Happy Returns (sentiment from SU!). Paper: Basic Gray, Blue Bayou, watercolor, Soft Sky designer. Ink: Blue Bayou Classic, Going Gray Classic, Summer Sun Classic, Wild Wasabi Classic, Chocolate Chip Classic, Blush Blossom Classic, White gel pen, Black VersaFine. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, large oval punch, white brads (doodlebug), 1/4" circle punch, Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon, Stampin' dimensionals, sponge, Aqua Painter.

P.S. Don't forget about the Paper Pretties Pajama Party on Friday night at 8 PM Est.! I'll be there and hopefully you will too! :) There will be fun challenges, prizes and of course the release of three new stamp sets.

P.P.S. In case some of you are wondering... I haven't forgotten my SU! stamps and have actually been creating with some new sets I received a week or two ago. Only thing is, I cannot share any of the creations until August! Yup, I was selected to be a Display Stamper for Convention and agreed to keep the display samples I am making confidential until then. But next month I'll be back to my normal posting once I've mailed those samples off. :)

12 comments:

  1. Really cute! Hope you are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Danielle! You always come up with great combos! Congrats on the SU selection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! She's so lovable,love your color combo too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Danielle! This card is amazing! I love everything about it ... the exceptional watercoloring on the main image, the double ribbon, the colors, the placement of the brads ... love it all!

    CONGRATULATIONS on being selected as a display stamper for Stampin' Up! WOOHOO!!!! Can't WAIT until August!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card!! I love the layout and the blue is so pretty!! Great Danielle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally realized why I love your creations so much - you really use a lot of blue! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just darling in this card, you did an excellent job. I can't wait to see what you do with the new releases!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is too cute!! I love the colors you used and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi !
    Just wanted to say that your little girl card is amazing !! i'm absolutely in live with this stamp (we r in israel r so behind at scrap supply ...) !! Your blog is extremely pretty, i enjoed seeing all your stamp work.
    Have a nice day !!
    orly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)