Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pretties Thursday

Guess what came in the mail today? My new Basic Grey paper... it is so yummy that I just had to sit down and make a card using some of the delicious paper. And since today is Pretties Thursday (my normal day for posting a PP project) I had to use my favorite Look Who's Perky set. Yay, it is the same one I used for yesterday's post but I couldn't resist. :)

This is also my sample card for the latest Pretties Weekly Challenge that I have posted in the Paper Pretties forum. The challenge is to Glitz It Up! Glam up your creation with a bit of sparkle by using glitter, rhinestones, Stickles or any other accent that has some pizazz. :)

I of course couldn't use just one glittery thing I had to use three different ones on my card!

1.) Pink crystal brads by Making Memories (SU! also sells these brads)
2.) Glimmer Mist in Merlot on the scalloped circle. The pictures do not do this justice as it is much more shimmery in person.
3.) Dazzling Diamonds were added to the sugar bowl.

Other Notes: The scalloped circle was cut from Pink Passion cardstock using the CuttleBug and QuicKutz Nesting Flowers (I so need to get the Nestabilities). It was then sprayed with the Merlot Glimmer Mist and dried with the heat tool. The card base is an 8 1/2" x 5" piece of Old Olive cardstock folded in half. After adding the additional layers the card measures about 5" x 5". I think the rest is self-explanatory but if not let me know!

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Look Who's Perky. Paper: Sugared Designer (Basic Grey), Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Pink Passion, Whisper White. Ink: Black StazOn, Old Olive Classic, Pretty in Pink marker, Old Olive marker. Other: Merlot Glimmer Mist, pink clear brads (Making Memories), large oval punch, Nesting Flowers (QuicKutz), Brown Satin Ribbon (retired SU!), Pink striped ribbon (May Arts)

7 comments:

  1. Well THANK YOU very much for making me have to go to my scrapbook store today and buy MORE PAPER!! ha ha ha (I swear they BETTER have it!!) That is awesome paper!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the card. But what's new...I always LOVE your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous! Beautiful colors and paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are fantastic!

    I found you via the Inspirational blog x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful, Danielle! I love it! TFS and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your use of your fab papers! great card!tfs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is wonderful, I love the rich colours.....and the little tea pot. Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)