Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pretties Wednesday

A couple weeks ago Jana issue a challenge for all the Prettie Girls to make a card using dots. I think this card meets that criteria! :)

Now it is my turn to issue a challenge and I pick... this one is really difficult for me but I'm gonna do it anyways... a MASCULINE card. Yeah something you wouldn't be embarrassed to send your brother, father or that guy you work with. Oh and everyone can play along and if you do leave a comment on this post with a link to your creation. Can't wait to see all of the manly cards. :) I'll be posting my creation in two weeks once the recipient has received it.

Notes: main color combination is Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Ivory and the card base is a 5" x 10" piece of Naturals Ivory cardstock folded in half. For the Pretty in Pink background the dots stamp from Sassy Circles was stamped multiple times in VersaMark being careful to line up the dots. Then Iridescent Ice embossing powder was applied (sticking to the sticky dots) and heat set. This layer was then sewn onto a Regal Rose mat with white thread and a sewing machine (use the zig zag stitch). A piece of Very Vanilla and Regal Rose were also sewn together to be the background for the coffee cups. Each coffee cup was stamped on Very Vanilla, colored with markers, cut out and adhered to a 3/4" circle of Regal Rose with dimensionals. The circles were then adhered to the sewn little mat and finally the Pretty in Pink background piece (both times with dimensionals). To finish the card ribbon and a sentiment were added.

Stamps: Look Who's Perky (Paper Pretties), Sassy Circles (Paper Pretties), Many Happy Returns. Paper: Naturals Ivory, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, VersaMark. Ink: Archival Brilliance Graphite ink, Regal Rose marker, Pretty in Pink marker, Copic AtYou Clear Spica pen. Other: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Regal Rose wide grosgrain ribbon, 3/4" circle punch, word window punch, dimensionals, white thread, sewing machine, heat tool.

11 comments:

  1. This DEFINATELY qualifies!! LOVE all the polka dots on here. And I dunno...that sounds like a TOUGH challenge to me!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is adorable. I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of masculine cards, since that's a difficult thing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!!!! All your polka dots are so super cute!! Great challenge, tough one, but great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card...I've been on the fence about this set, but I think you've just won me over. I'll be putting my order in later this week - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are those little teacups!!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome card girl! I see you are still giving that sewing machine some love ;) Keep stitchin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle this is fabulous! LOVE the colors and how pretty the ribbon looks and the way the mugs are in their own little polka dots - great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Danielle, this card is adorable and even MORE SO in real life! I LOVE it! Thank you so much. . .it's just too cute! and no, it's not too pink! It could never be too pink! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)