Tuesday, May 6, 2008

BIC12: Brilliant Tangerine

Beate came up with another brilliant inspiration piece for the Be Inspired Challenge. This one is a Tangerine Courtyard Print from Coldwater Creek. Isn't it pretty?

So what did I pick from the inspiration piece? Well I started off with a layout. I like the wall on the left side with the potted tree so I duplicated that on my card with a strip of red and Chocolate Chip satin ribbon. Then for the right side I added a pretty scene... in this case a little bench with a red birdie. The final result doesn't look much like the inspiration piece but that is how things go sometimes. :)

Quick notes: main image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Georgia Pacific white cardstock and then colored with Copics. Yes, I heart my Copics. For the background a piece of Real Red cardstock was adhered to the left side of a Sahara Sand mat and Always Artichoke Prints designer was added to the right. The edges were paper pierced and wide satin Chocolate Chip ribbon was knotted around the piece. Then the layers were assembled together on a 5" x 5" Chocolate Chip card base.

Don't forget to check out all of the other wonderful samples by the rest of the inspiration team: Jennifer, Susan, Silke, Dawn and Charmaine.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Time For You, Smarty Pants. Paper: Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Real Red, Georgia Pacific white, Always Artichoke Prints designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Dew Drop, Copics. Other: Chocolate Chip wide satin ribbon, dimensionals, mat pack, paper piercer.

7 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! Danielle, this card is just too cute! LOVE that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started with that layout as well, then went another way! I love how your card turned out. I am excited to see you got your copics. They are so much fun to play with, aren't they?
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!!! Love the colors and the layout of your card - well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! This is one of my favorite sentiments...it totally cracks me up! The colors are fabulous as well! Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card - love your take on this inspiration challenge!! The picnic bench looks so inviting! Great job with the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D This is sooo great--LOVE that saying, and the bench scene is really neat. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)