Tuesday, May 13, 2008

BIC13: Keeping your cool

After checking out this week's Be Inspired Challenge posted by Beate I knew I wanted to create a calm and soothing card. That bedding is just so peaceful... I could snuggle there for a good day or two. :) From the picture I also picked out Close to Cocoa, Basic Grey and white. I used a bit of artistic license and decided to add a bit of blue!

I can't wait to see what the rest of the Inspiration Team made. Oh, you would like to know too? Well here are links to their blogs for your viewing pleasure: Jennifer, Susan, Silke, Dawn and Charmaine.

Quick notes: Main image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers (B41, B95, T1, T3, T5, YG67 and BG72). A bit of sparkle was added to the flower centers with a Copic Silver Spica pen. It was then cut out with the Nestabilities circle die and embossed before layering on a scalloped circle of Basic Grey which was cut out with a Petite Scalloped Circle die.

Next a sentiment was stamped on Bashful Blue cardstock and punched out with the small oval punch. This punch works perfectly with the small oval name plates that are included in the Stylized Silver Hodgepodge hardware. The sentiment was adhered to the main image over top of which the name plate was added (a little glue and a brad were used to tack in place. A small piece of Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon was knotted through the right hole.

For the next layer I airbrused a piece of Georgia Pacific white with one of the blue Copic markers (the white was just too stark and needed to be softened a bit). And guess what? I really really like using the airbrushing tool! The edges were paper pierced and then the piece was layered on Basic Gray. A bit of ribbon was added before affixing to a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" Close to Cocoa cardbase. To finish the main image was adhered to the airbrushed layer with dimensionals, making sure to use one behind the right side of the sentiment so it stays put.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Bloom, Cute Converse (retired). Paper: Close to Cocoa, Basic Gray, Bashful Blue, Georgia Pacific white. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (B41, B95, T1, T3, T5, YG67, BG72) and silver Spica pen. Other: Stylized Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, Basic Gray Taffeta ribbon, Chocolate Chip wide satin ribbon (retired), Nestabilities Petite Scalloped and Classic Circle dies, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, Copic Airbrush tool, small oval punch.

16 comments:

  1. Danielle this is so pretty! I love this stamp and your coloring is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, this is fabulous! I love your coloring, the rich ribbon and the hardware. Beautiful card!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Danielle - I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! I love your coloring! I just got copics for Mother's day and I am just trying to figure them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! So gorgeous! I love the way you colored those flowers. I can't wait to get this set . . . TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!! Your coloring is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card - love your take on the inspiration piece!!! I agree your coloring is superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely breathtaking. Makes me wish I would have bought this set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! What a gorgeous card! I love that you've added a hint of blue! Beautifully done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous!! Your coloring is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Gorgeous card and wonderful coloring, Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I think it really creates that 'calming, soothing mood you were looking for with these colors. Can't get enough of this stamp set myself, TFS!! (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)