Saturday, May 17, 2008

Embrace a bit of Faux Silk

I started the day off with teaching a Technique Class for a couple of my stamping buddies this morning/early afternoon. And this yellow and green card was one of the projects. Yes, I have another one to share but I must take a picture first. :)

Quick notes: The background was created using the Faux Silk technique and the Embrace Life stamp set. I love this technique - it just adds a touch of silky sophistication. A lot of paper piercing was added and I gave my punches a bit of a workout. I'm liking the final result, hopefully it will make someone happy on their birthday (although I think it is a bit too feminine to send to my brother for his bday which is tomorrow!).

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Circle of Friendship, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Embrace Life. Paper: So Saffron, Mellow Moss, Old Olive, Whisper White, tissue. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Old Olive Classic, Mellow MossClassic, Mellow Moss marker, white gel pen. Other: Old Olive poly-twill ribbon, Stylized Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, silver jumbo eyelet (American Crafts), silver brads, scalloped circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" cirlce punch, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, Zyron sticker machine.

In other business: I wanted to thank all of the lovely ladies who have sent me little awards or tagged me over the last month and a half. I appreciated every single one of them and they brightened many a day when I received one. I've just been bad about participating in passing them on to others... I get a bit of a mental block when it comes time to pick recipients as I want to give them to everyone! So I'm going to bail on that part of the game but wanted to take a moment to thank each of the talented ladies who sent me on.

Jana Weaver with the 7 Random Things Tag Game
I love checking out her blog - her cards are always so fresh and fun!

My seven random things: 1.) I don't like tomatoes or bananas (yurk!), 2.) Blue is my favorite color, 3.) I love to read but rarely have time for it anymore, 4.) I knit - been working on the same afghan for a year now but it is getting close to completed, 5.) I joined a Kickball League which is turning out to be a ton of fun, 6.) I {heart} yoga and am in withdrawals this week because the teacher is on vacation and 7.) I'm putting in hardwood flooring in my house just so it will be easier to clean up kitty presents. Although it will look nice too - the flooring NOT the hairballs!

Christy Ortman with the Arte y Pico award
Owner of Paper Pretties and all around awesome card maker. She works, she runs a stamp company and still has time to make beautiful cards - how does she do it? :)

Becky Roberts with another Arte y Pico award
If you feel the need to drool, check out Becky's blog. She's been posting some amazingly beautiful cards using my new favorite SU! stamp set Bloomin' Beautiful... oops I need to go get a Kleenex to wipe off my keyboard!

Lisz Martz with my last and final Arte y Pico award
Lisa is Queen of the ControlFreaks swap group. I'm hoping to get to meet her while at SU! convention this summer. :)

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone! Sometimes I miss an email or two when rescuing them from the clutches of my Spam box. So, I apologize if I didn't respond to your tag or email!

5 comments:

  1. I love the way the faux silk looks on this card and how pretty it is. I love the colors as well, I think I might need to add this one to my list of to do's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS card Danielle!! I have been thinking about going all hardwood too, just so I don't have to vacumn anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so inspirational to me! Thank you so much for all your great ideas. Can you teach me how to do the faux silk technique! Please! kt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this technique but have yet to try it...must do so soon. Your card is beautiful...love all the details you put into it and the layers...the colors...everything...very nice card.

    Charmaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)