Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fun New Toys

I feel like I am a little kid again. All I want to do is color! With my new Copic markers that is. :) They finally arrived on Thursday night and since then I have been practicing by coloring oodles of pictures. And guess what? I LOVE them. All of them except I'm not so sure about the colorless blender pen as that seems to be too juicy and causes my images to feather but I'll figure that one out too. :)

FYI - I picked up one of the new Memento Dew Drops in Tuxedo Black from AllThatScraps to stamp the images in and it is fantastic! No heat setting needed and the lines do not smudge at all when coloring. Also, the ink is water based and cleans up very easily... just a couple swipes and the stamp is clean. Gotta love that too! :)

My first card posted using the Copics is a shameless "kiss-up-to-my-father" card. I'm trying to bribe him to come visit and install hardwood flooring in my house. He he he. For the layout I used the cool sketch posted on the Great Swap Girls blog which you can see here.

Notes: image was colored with various Copic markers (sorry I didn't keep track of the colors). The Sahara Sand background was stamped with sanded in Close to Cocoa Classic ink. If I had to do it all over again I would use So Saffron for that background layer... the Sahara Sand is just kind of blah. The sentiment "everybody's favorite" is from the retired set Cute Converse and I added the "dad" with a black pen. Think my dad will say yes after receiving this card? I'm thinking so, especially if I throw in a bunch of home cooked meals. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: For Father, Cute Converse (retired), Sanded Background. Paper: Real Red, Sahara Sand, Close to Cocoa, Not Quite Navy, Georgia Pacific white paper, Sentimental Journey Designer (retired). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Dew Drop, Copic markers, black pen, Close to Cocoa Classic. Other: Apricot Appeal grosgrain ribbon, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, mat pack, paper pierce, bold bright brads, dimensionals.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this is awesome. You've done a fantastic job colouring this image. I love it. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl you did a fabulous job colouring that image with your new copics! Aren't they the bomb?! I love them too! Thanks for the tip on the new ink...will order that soon!! Just placed an order with them last week...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring on this one is so fabulous!! I bet you are having so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You coloring is fantastic!!! I just ordered some copics and I can't wait to get them!! Your Dad would never be able to say no after receiving this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job. I so do not need another type of ink though!! LOL Beautiful card. Hardware floors are worth it, hope this does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous coloring!!! I am just as addicted to Copics myself, so I feel ya sistah! Any chance I can make your dad a few meals and he'll fly to CA to install some floors for me too??? ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! No learning curve for you. You are great at coloring with the copics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)