Monday, May 19, 2008

Just Because I Can't Resist Blue!

When all else fails go with the tried and true... in this case I used blue (my favorite color). This is another card that the ladies who attended my Technique Class had the opportunity to make. :)

Quick notes: the Waxed Paper Resist technique was used for the blue/white background pieces. Those rectangles and two Bashful Blue ones were layered on Kraft cardstock before adding ribbon and brads. This piece was then mounted on a Kraft card base.

Next two hearts from the Just Celebrate set where stamped on Whisper White cardstock, colored with markers and trimmed. The matching sentiment was stamped on Kraft paper and punched out with the Word Window punch. Next a piece of Brocade Blue cardstock was cut to size and the edges paper pierced. The sentiment was adhered with SNAIL to this piece and the hearts with dimensionals. The whole she-bang was then affixed to the card base with more dimenionals.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Just Celebrate. Paper: Kraft, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Glossy White, Whisper White. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bashful Blue Classic, Bashful Blue marker, Brocade Blue marker. Other: word window punch, Bashful Blue striped ribbon, silver brads, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, brayer.

12 comments:

  1. ooooooh, I really like the Kraft with the Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I absolutely love the blue card and the wax resist works perfect as "patterned paper"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card. Love it!

    Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya know I've been meaning to try this technique and never get around to it, I think you have inspired me to step outta my box! This card is gorgeous!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. blue is my fav color too! adorable card, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! I hadn't come across this technique yet but I know what I'm going to try tonight. Check my blog later in the week for my attempt.
    Sharon
    http:\\stampin-scrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I haven't tried this technique. I am going to give it a go...it's beautiful! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just LOVE this card!! Haven't used the wax paper technique for ages and it is a good reminder to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so so cute! I love blue and this turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. neato! I really like the wax paper resist! I love visiting your blog!
    fellow SCSer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute...love the blue polka dot hearts! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love anything blue, too, especially with Kraft. I haven't tried this technique, it looks so cool!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)