Saturday, May 10, 2008

Paper Pretties Thrusday... A Bit Late

Oops! I've been super busy the last couple days with my mom visiting and all. She arrived Thursday and then we spent the entire day yesterday at the Great Lakes Mega Meet (aka scrapping convention). So what did I do? Took a couple of classes (one of which I skipped and just grabbed the kit), met up with some friends, ate bad expo food and cropped the night away. I also spent too much money (my mom's a huge enabler) but it was a blast. Me thinks I will be there next year although I should probably avoid Spellbinder's booth! :) Yeah, resistance is futile and now I too also own a couple sets of Nestabilities... he he he.

On to the much overdo card: Image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Georgia Pacific cardstock and colored with Copic markers. Two strips of Ginger Blossom designer paper were adhered to a piece of Cameo coral cardstock. A piece of ribbon was wrapped around the layers and tacked in place with mono glue (the dry tape runner type) before permanently affixing the ends together with a red brad. This piece was then matted on Real Red and adhered to a Pretty in Pink cardbase. The main image was affixed with dimensionals. Finished card size is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" and the main color combo is: Pretty in Pink, Real Red and Cameo Coral. Perfect for Mother's Day! :)

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Made with Love. Paper: Pretty in Pink, Cameo, Coral, Real Red, Ginger Blossom Designer, Georgia Pacific White. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: word window punch, Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon, dimensionals, Bold Brights brads.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute card Dawn! The colors are great!! Sounds like you had a fun time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Danielle! Love your colours. Hope you are enjoying your time with your Mom!!! Oh I've recently gotten the Nesties too and am hooked...don't know how I cut things without them for so long..haha! Have fun and I can't wait to see what you create with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 weeks ago I invested in the Nesties too! Love the embossed edges and all the sizes. Plus the extra storage a person has ver’s the heavy large punches. Now to find the time to use them! (I still need the rubber mat.) My Cuttle Bug needs some LOVE! Thanks for sharing... Michelle :)

    PS - I'm still trying to master sewing on my cards. I'm doing better in the corners now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, your coloring is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I was at the Mega Meet Saturday, too! I took three classes, two SEI classes in the morning and the Gilded Memories in the afternoon. I spent too much $$ there also, but it is hard not to. LOL I really loved my SEI classes. The instructor, Lindsay, was so much fun. She gave away a lot of prizes in both her classes. I will definitely take more of their classes next year.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)