Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Paper Pretties Wednesday

Two weeks ago Christie challenged the Prettie Girls to use acetate and of course I had to make a shaker card. I just love shaker cards, although they can be a pain in the patootie especially when the beads are not cooperating... hello static!!!

If the color combo looks a bit familiar, well it just might be since it is a Color Challenge that Kristina Werner posted last week (check it out here). The combo is: Pumpkin Pie, Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue and White. Although I did add Kraft to the mix because I wanted to leave the chipboard "m" natural rather than painting it. Yeah, sometimes I am lazy like that. :)

Other notes: I cut an opening in a square of Brilliant Blue cardstock (measure twice cut once) and did the same for the Bashful Blue piece but a bit smaller. After which I paper pierced the outside edge and the inside edge of the bottom. The Bashful Blue was a bit... well... bright so I airbrushed it with a blue Copic marker (love the airbrush tool). These layers were adhered together to create a blue frame.

Next I adhered a layer of acetate to the back of the frame and then on the front of that I glued a Rusty Pickle chipboard letter "m". Then I flipped the piece over and built a wall with strips of foam tape (don't leave any openings or the beads will escape), added some blue micro beads and shut the box shut with a piece of Georgia Pacific white cardstock. I then wrapped a piece of dotted orange ribbon around the box and knotted. Following that up with stamping the sentiment on the top of the box. I added a couple of Prima flowers to the lower left corner and then layered the whole piece on Pumpkin Pie and finally onto the Kraft card base (4 1/4" x 4 1/4").

To finish I stamped the woman from Made with Love on Georgia Pacific white cardstock and colored with Copics. Next I punched out part of her with an 1 3/8" circle punch and adhered to the card front with dimensionals.

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Made with Love. Paper: Kraft, Pumpkin Pie, Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Georgia Pacific white. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (B23, B41, YR68, Y38, YR24, E39, E00, W2 and W4). Other: Acetate, Airbrush gun, mat pack, paper piercer, 1 3/8" circle punch, Rusty Pickle chipboard, orange dotted ribbon (American Crafts), Painterly Petals flowers (Prima), gold brads, blue micro beads, dimensionals.

5 comments:

  1. Love this project, beautiful colors and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok this is totally cute!! I love the colors and the big M over the shaker is brillant (and fits right in with the product review today!!! YEA!). How do you get your Copics to not bleed on that GP paper? it just doesn't work for me - messy yuck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so cute!! I love how you colored the women. I have only made 1 shaker card. I think I will have to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is amazing. I'm just drooling over these beautiful details and the colors are my fave!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)