Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pretties Wednesday: Turkeys dancing among the flowers

Two weeks ago Charmaine challenged the Prettie Girls to make a bookmark... yup one of those things that you use when you actually have time to read! :) Maybe one of these months I will get to that stack of books that I have sitting on a shelf giving me a guilt trip for neglecting them. :)

I decided to take the whimsical approach to my bookmark and used the Turkey stamp from the Falling for You set (MFT Stamps). The turkeys are dancing in a field of flowers, or more appropriately shaking their booties for all they are worth... he he he. As you may notice I didn't stick to a natural color scheme either when using my Copic markers... but then I think they are more fun this way. Gobble gobble!

Quick notes: I glued two thin bookmarks together since they were a bit thin. I then cut Sugared designer paper to size (6" x 2"), paper pierced the edges and adhered to the bookmark. I stamped a sentiment on the bottom portion of a Pretty in Pink scrap of paper and hand wrote the "book!". There is a similar piece on the back that I wrote "Party on turkeys!". A couple brads, lots of ribbon and the turkeys were added to spruce up the bookmark. There is also a third turkey on the back. :)

Hopefully Jillian the future recipient of this bookmark will enjoy it! If you want to see more bookmarks check out the rest of the Prettie Girl blogs (list over there on the right).

Stamps: Falling for You (MFT Stamps), Cute Converse (retired). Paper: Pretty in Pink, Georgia Pacific, Sugared designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, various Copic markers, Copic Spica markers (clear, silver), black marker. Other: Rich Regal brads, mat pack, paper piercer, slot punch, cardboard bookmarks (not sure of source), twill ribbon (Taylored Expressions), dimensionals.

7 comments:

  1. Very cute bookmark....I especially love the Party on Turkeys sentiment - Perfect for Jillian! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun bookmark!! I'm sure it will bring a smile to Jillian's face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I have turkeys dancing out the front window right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable, Danielle! I'm sure Jillian will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Party on indeed!!! I love this!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)