Thursday, May 29, 2008

PWC5: Don't hoard the chocolate!

What's worse than hoarding your chocolate? How about your stamping supplies?! Uh huh... just go ahead and admit it. I know that you have some fun or pretty or really really cool item that you bought and love but are biting your fingernails at the idea of using! So for this week's Prettie Challenge I am going to challenge you to use at least one item on a card or box or tin that you have been hoarding! And after making your beautiful creation make sure to upload it to the gallery over at Paper Pretties to be entered into the weekly contest (there is a special Weekly Challenges category and use the PWC5 keyword). Can't wait to see what you make!

Notes on my card: I'm using two items that I have been hoarding. The first are some detailed jumbo brads from SU!'s Stylized Silver Hodgepodge Hardware and the second is some pretty S.E.I. designer paper from the Madera Island line (I bought a kit of the whole line I loved it so much - now I just need to use it more often!). I also used the new Off to School Sophia stamp from Paper Pretties. This set will be the first released in the new Paper Pretties Stamp of the Month Club.

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Off to School Sophia. Paper: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Georgia Pacific white, Medera Island designer (SEI). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (E00, E33, E39, W2, T5, R32, YG95, BV02, V17), Copic clear spica pen. Other: shimmery ribbon (American Crafts), 1/2" circle punch, Stylized Silver Hodgepodge hardware, dimensionals.

Oh and that chocolate that you have been hoarding... have a piece or two while making your project. :)

7 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card. Love the paper you used & your coloring is awesome. She is soooo darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No hoarding?!!! But they'll NEVER come out with anything better (snort). It's so hard to break into a new package of anything, just in case it can never be acquired again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. I like the design and the colours of the card.

    Would you be interested in doing an image swap with me? I can let you know what I have to swap.

    Please contact me at:
    bela3@sympatico.ca

    Thanks, Bela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Danielle!!! I love those brads too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card!! I can see why you hoarded . . . but I'm glad you finally used them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am SUCH a hoarder, and now that everything is coming out and going in boxes I'm seeing things I forgot I even had!!! I'll *try* not to hoard as much. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card. Great job breaking into your stash! I'm totally guilty of hoarding, although getting better since I have to get rid of stuff over here that I haven't used! ;-) Can't wait to go do the challenge though!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)