Sunday, May 4, 2008

Spring Cleaning the Craft Room

Today I decided to procrastinate the cleaning of my house by rearranging my craft room. I've now reversed my tables and moved a bookcase... the room was quite a disaster zone at one point but now I have it looking a bit better. However during the process I realized that I really really need to go through my stuff and do some pruning. Yikes, do I have a lot of miscellaneous crapola in there! A lot of which I never use and probably never will yet I seem to have difficulty parting with it.

Once the organizing was done I did take some time to make this pretty Friend Card (because I still wasn't in the mood to clean). I even dug into my stash of Thickers and chipboard and really splurged on the card.

Quick notes: Start with a Pretty in Pink card base. Cut a slightly smaller Old Olive mat (4 1/8" x 5 3/8") and stamp with friend/bug image from A Little Bit of Happiness in Close to Cocoa Classic ink, sponge the same color on the edges. Adhere a strip of Close to Cocoa Prints designer paper to the top (sponge with Close to Cocoa ink first) and add a strip of ribbon from the Sherbet Originals. Adhere to card base.

Stamp butterflies from Sprinkles set on chipboard star and sponge edges with Close to Cocoa Classic ink. With the Crop-a-dile punch a hole in the middle of the star and set a jumbo eyelet. Insert crystal brad through eyelet and fasten. Adhere the star to the card base with dimensionals.

To finish the card apply Pink Giggles Foam Thickers by American Crafts across the Old Olive panel to spell the word "friend".

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: A Little Bit of Happiness (hostess set), Sprinkles. Paper: Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa Prints designer. Ink: Close to Cocoa Classic. Other: On Board Simon Upper chipboard star, Antique Brass jumbo eyelets, sponge, Making Memories square crystal brad, Sherbet ribbon originals, Pink Giggles Thickers (American Crafts), dimensionals, Crop-a-dile.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! It's such a stunning card! TFS...hope you have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)