Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sweet Sophia is Back!

I couldn't resist using another one of the Sophia stamps from Paper Pretties to make this card. I'm liking it. Again I was inspired by the colors of the designer paper and choose a combo of: Sahara Sand, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum and a touch of Chocolate Chip. Whenever I am feeling a bit stumped for a color scheme I tend to grab a piece of designer paper and let it be my muse. :)

This is also my sample card for the latest challenge that has been posted to the Paper Pretties forum (just click on challenges to play along). I thought to switch things up a bit and did a layout challenge (to the right). You will have to let me know what you think about the matting of the oval image on a square.

Quick notes: Sophia was stamped on watercolor paper and colored with classic inks and an Aqua Painter. Her feet were masked and then a ground was stamped in Sahara Sand Classic ink with an oval stamp from the Sassy Circles set.

***In other news... I need to take a moment and wish Christie from Paper Pretties a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Yippee! Woo hoo! Have a great fun day Christie! ... and yes the card will be in the mail soon. :)

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Cuddle Me, Sassy Circles. Paper: Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, watercolor, Whimsical Ladies designer (Daisy Bucket Designs). Ink: Palette Hybrid Noir, Sahara Sand Classic, Perfect Plum Classic, Close to Cocoa Classic, Blush Blossom marker, Creamy Caramel Classic, Elegant Eggplant Classic, Regal Rose Classic. Other: small corner rounder, Very Vanilla Taffeta, word window punch, vintage brads, Coluzzle and oval template, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, Aqua Painter.

4 comments:

  1. I love your card - it is adorable. I think the oval on the rectangle adds a touch of elegance! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophia is so sweet!!! This card is wonderful, and I love the look of the oval on the rectangle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I really love it! The colors are awesome! TFS and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute B-day card for Christie!!! I wish I had known it was her bday before she left. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)