Monday, May 26, 2008

Thanks a Dozen

I thought I would post something a bit different from a card... indeed, a cute little explosion box that I made for the Paper Pretties box challenge from last week. Of course I don't have any directions written up for folding the bottom and lid but here is a link to an explosion box on SCS. I folded my lid a little differently and the box is slightly larger but other than that the two are the same pattern. :)

Box notes: The box is an 8 1/4" x 8 1/4" piece of Ruby Red cardstock, scored on each side at 2 3/4". So the same as the SCS directions just a tad larger. On each side of the box bottom I adhered 3 half pearls from the SU! Pretties Kit using Crystal Effects as a glue.

Lid notes: The lid is made from Urban Couture Brocade designer paper by Basic Grey. This paper pretty much determined the color scheme for the project. A 2 1/2" square of Ruby Red cardstock was sponged with Close to Cocoa ink and paper pierced before adhering to the top of the lid.

Lid Decoration Notes: A 1" circle of Cameo coral was paper pierced and again sponged with the Close to Cocoa ink. Next a white flower from the SU! Pretties Kit was airbrused with a couple of Copic markers (RV11 and E33 I think). This is reason #5 for loving the Copics! It was incredibly fast to color the flower and it dried instantly... woo hoo! Next I layered the Cameo Coral circle on top of the flower, punched a hole with the Crop-a-dile and set an Antique Brass jumbo eyelet through both layers. I then stamped a sentiment on Georgia Pacific paper, punched out with the Word Window punch and tied it onto the flower with some linen thread (loop through the eyelet). Dimensionals were then placed on the back of the flower center and the piece added to the box top.

Side notes: Each side has a different image adhered to it from the Sweets for the Sweet stamp set (I LUV this set btw). I colored the images with Copic markers and punched out with a 1 1/4" circle punch. I then sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa classic ink and paper pierced each circle. I then layered the images on 1 3/8" circles of Ruby Red cardstock. Can you believe that Ruby Red used to be one of my least favorite colors? I actually used to dislike all of the Earth Element colors except the browns but apparently I have moved into my Earthy stage of stamping. :) Oh, the Ruby Red circles were also sponged with Close to Cocoa. The circles are adhered to the lid only... not to the box base.

So what do you think? Will this little box make someone very happy?

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Sweets for the Sweets. Paper: Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Georgia Pacific white, Urban Couture Brocade (Basic Grey). Ink: Close to Cocoa Classic, Copic markers (E00, E33, E57, RV10, RV11, W2, T3, T5). Other: half pearls, white flower (SU! pretties kit), 1 1/4 circle punch, 1 3/8 circle punch, 1 circle punch, antique brass jumbo eyelet, crop-a-dile, mat pack, paper piercer, word window punch, linen thread, dimensionals, sponge.

10 comments:

  1. This is darling! I know it will make someone happy cuz it would make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable Danielle!! And I really love the flower on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can send that box over my way if you want! So, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is THE absolutely prettiest box i have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely. I have never seen an explosion box like this one. Great work.
    Bela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)