Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Would the real BIC15 please step forward!

Let's see if I can post the correct Be Inspired Sample this time! :)

This cool inspiration piece that Beate found is a dress from J.C. Crew... very metallic and scallop-y. Those were the first things that caught my eye and I decided to use those themes in my card. And of course paper piercing but that is an addiction that I just can't help!

Quick notes: Little chipboard hearts were inked with the Essential Glue Pad (makes them very sticky) and then gilding leaf was applied to each heart, rubbing the excess off with my fingers. This was a bit messy but I love the final result... super shiny glitzy hearts! :)

I then used the Nestabilities to cut out a rectangle and emboss it (and added some paper piercing with my handy mat pack and paper piercer). I matted this layer on a slightly larger scalloped rectangle but not before I added a bit of ribbon and adhered the hearts with dimensionals. The rest is pretty simple and the finished card size is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". Hope it was worth the wait! :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: One Smart Cookie. Paper: Basic Black, River Rock, Bordering Blue. Ink: Black StazOn. Other: On Board Simon Upper chipboard, Brialliant Gold GildenGlitz (USArtQuest), River Rock double-stitched ribbon, mat pack, paper piercer, Large Rectangle Nestabilities (regular and scalloped), 1/4" circle punch, black brads, dimensionals, Tsukineko Essential glue pad.

9 comments:

  1. Love the gold leaf! When I cleaned my studio yesterday I found a bunch...funny that you gave me some inspiration to use already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool card - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just GORGEOUS, Danielle! WOW! Love those gold hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love this! Those shiny heart are amazing! Your rock! TFS...hope you are having a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff.
    I just found your blog and love it.
    Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!! I love all the shiny hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, that looks amazing! I love your golden hearts, the layout, the colors, the scallops...everything looks wonderful.

    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am lovin' the "gold leaf" look of those hearts....ingenious! (as bugs bunny would say) LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)