Tuesday, June 10, 2008

BIC17: Oh wowsa!

That is what I thought when I saw the latest Be Inspired Challenge from Beate. Wowsa - what a striking pillow. I could use a couple of those for my couch although they might not go with the rest of my decor. :) Obviously I needed to use black and white for my card and maybe a flower or two.

So here it is... my take on the challenge. You'll notice that I also included a bit of stitching (yup... cluttered up my house even more by pulling out the big stitch maker) and some blue. Really... you can almost never go wrong with a little blue!

Don't forget to blurf around a bit and check out what the rest of the team created... I'm sure they will all be dazzling! :) Links here if you need them: Jennifer, Susan, Silke, Dawn and Charmaine.

Some quickie notes: leaf from the Embrace Life set was stamped on black cardstock with VersaMark multiple times, coated with Winter White embossing powder and heat set. Next a bit of stitching was added around the edges with my handy dandy inherited sewing machine (thanks mom!) and layered on a piece of Bashful Blue cardstock. After which a piece of Bashful Blue striped ribbon was knotted around it and it was stuck to a Naturals White card base... I'm almost all out of this ribbon... the horrors... I'll just have to place another order (heh heh). Then I stamped a flower from the same set on Georgia Pacific white cardstock and colored with Copic markers, stamped a sentiment and added a bit of paper piercing before layering on Bashful Blue cardstock and sticking to the card base with dimensionals. Oh yeah, and I added a bit of white gel ink to the inner flower bits (drawing a total blank on what those parts are called).

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Embrace Life. Paper: Naturals White, Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Georgia Pacific White. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Brocade Blue Classic, VersaMark, Copic Markers (B34, B41, W2), white gel pen. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, Bashful Blue striped ribbon, white thread, sewing machine, dimensionals, Winter White embossing powder, heat tool.

21 comments:

  1. WOW! This card is totally beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue you added makes the card very bright! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So, so pretty! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle - WOW- this is beautiful!!! Love the splash of Bashful Blue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa Page AKA mom of CarsonJune 10, 2008 at 11:24 AM

    I'm LUUUVVVINNN the black and white with a splash of color! Great job! I think the thingies in the middle of the flower might be called stamens but am not too sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love blue with ANYTHING!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, this baby pops! Love the Bashful Blue with the black and white...very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well i like it its sooo much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I JUST NOTICED YOU DIDNT USE ANY BRADS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this! This is the first card I've seen in a long time that made me go "oooooooooooh" (no offense to ANYONE, just that I'm a little OD'd on looking at cards!). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how yours turned out - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowza on the card! This is very striking....just fluff it up and put it on the couch! Hee,hee,hee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous Danielle!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. THIS IS SO AWESOME! I love the bashful blue with the black and white! Embrace life is PERFECT for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning Danielle -just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Love the splash of blue, it's the perfect shade to compliment the black and white

    ReplyDelete
  17. aagggghhhh! can this BE any more beautiful?? I think not! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is stunning! love the black and white and you are right, the touch of blue is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, this is gorgeous, Danielle, so striking! I love your take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)