Monday, June 23, 2008

Gift Tag - Take II

Well, the response to my tag /gift card was positive so I went ahead and created a sketch with all of the dimensions which you can find at the bottom of this post. Yes, I'm going to make you scroll past the eye candy first. Speaking of candy this time the gift tag is not holding a gift card but instead chocolate... oh yummy Ghirardelli milk chocolate. Which I only ate one piece of during the making of this project. Shocking I know.






Mmm mmm... that little square of chocolate fits inside the holder perfectly. To hold it in place I just used a bit of SNAIL (aka Tombow) adhesive on the back of the chocolate package (same method I used for the gift card). For this gift tag holder I did change the placement of the Velcro dot closure. Instead of putting it in the middle of the flap I cut it in half and added a half to each side. This seemed to hold the flap in place a bit better.

I stamped a flower from the Bloomin' Beautiful set on Georgia Pacific white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. For anyone who loves this set but has procrastinated buying it... well the Stampin' Up! Occasions Mini Catalog is only available until the end of this month and then this set goes bye-bye. It could (and I stress could) show up in a future catalog but no guarantees. I'll be sad to see this mini catalog end but I can't wait to see what they come up with next. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful, Smart Cookie. Paper: Certainly Celery, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Georgia Pacific White. Ink: Blue Bayou Classic, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (B00, B34, B39, B95, YG13, YG3 and W2), Clear Copic Spica pen. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, Antique Brass jumbo eyelet, large oval punch, Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon, dimensionals, Velcro dot, sponge, Ghirardelli chocolate square.

Well, you have waited long enough - here is the sketch! To see a larger version, just click on the image. If you have any questions let me know. Also if you make one of these gift tag holders leave a comment on this post. I would love to check out your creations. :)

* What do you know? I forgot a dimension. The tag is 2 1/2" wide.

12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the rich blue flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly! This is stunning!

    Many Blessings,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Danielle, this is fabulous!! What willpower you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, this is GORGEOUS! the coloring on that flower is amazing...it just pops off the page!

    Can't wait to try your template, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous gift card, Danielle! Thanks for the (nice!) template. I'll have to try one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great coloring and what a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really pretty, love it! How do you set the big antique brass rivets? I have a crop a dile but that wouldn't do it.

    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so darlin'! I'll have to find the time to give it a try - thanks for such wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great little gift tag! I love the chocolate threat inside, too~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome, awesome, awesome! Thanks so much for sharing ~ I'm thinking this would be perfect to add to teachers gift bags!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)