Sunday, June 22, 2008

GSG Featured Stamper Case

Yay! I'm actually pretty excited about this post for a variety of reasons.

One: I like the card I made. Most often this is a given since I actually posted it to my blog but on occasion I do post cards that make me go "blech". But I won't tell you which ones... 'cause my taste must be slightly off because these cards end up being well loved (aka lots of comment) by all of you. Or maybe you are just showing the card a bit of sympathy?! Hmmm... something to ponder.

Two: I've actually participated in one of the GSG (aka Great Swap Girls) challenges. Seriously I am so behind in these challenges it is ridiculous and I was super excited to actually complete one. I won't say that I've changed my ways because it might be a while before I play again.

Three: and the challenge is to case Becky Carafa, our fearless leader over at Great Swap Girls. Yay! And her cards are always fun so this was the perfect opportunity to borrow some of her stamping mojo. :) In fact I cased this card of hers: Stamp Something Friday. I loved the colors, the layout and the layered flowers. Although I did change the colors a tad because I am currently stuck on the Earth Elements color family. No idea how that happened since they were my least favorite colors when I first joined SU!.

But you probably want to know the details on the card so here goes. Image from Pun Fun was stamped on white cardstock and colored with Watercolor Wonder Crayons (hah... you thought I was going to say Copics, didn't you?!). A touch of Crystal Effects was added to the liquid contents of the cup, a Clear Copic (sorry couldn't resist) Spica pen was used to add just a touch of glitter to the cup decorations and to finish shadow was added around the cup with the W2 Copic marker (again, I just had to!). But I wasn't done with the Copics - a flower from the Pretties Kit was airbrushed with the Strong Red Copic marker which is my absolutely favorite way to color the flowers (quick, clean and dries almost instantly). A sentiment was stamped on Ruby Red cardstock and punched out with the Word Window punch before affixing to the main image. A brad was added to the left side and the right side was tucked under and adhered in place. A little hole was punched through the folded side and a bit of linen thread was knotted there. Hmmm... I think the rest can be figured out from the supply list. If not, let me know and I'll type up more notes. Oh, finished card is 5" x 5".

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Pun Fun, Pretty Petals background, Rough Texture jumbo wheel. Paper: Old Olive, River Rock, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, Georgia Pacific white. Ink: Black StazOn, Ruby Red Classic, River Rock Classic, Chocolate Chip Classic, Copic marker (W2), Clear Copic Spica pen. Other: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Blender pen, paper piercer, mat pack, sponge, Real Red striped ribbon, vintage brads, dimensionals, Pretties Kit (flower), Flower Fusion (green flower), linen thread.

8 comments:

  1. oooooooooooh! This is just gorgeous!!!! Lovve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy colors and a fantastic CASE, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card...such rich colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. waaay too cute! the little tag is awesome too.... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super cute Danielle!!That is the only GSG challenge I have left, except what is posted today, and I totally hope I can combine them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so honored that you played, Danielle! I LOVE this, the sentiment "treatment" is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on being behind on the GSG challenges! This card is awesome and the color combo went into my color combo favorites journal!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my heck! I am soooo behind...as in I still haven't completed a single challenge since joining this fantastic group! I need to get busy! This is such a fabulous card! I love everything! The colors are just amazing! ...and I have yet to see anything even remotely close to 'bleh' on your blog! Your amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)