Sunday, June 8, 2008

Oh neglected SU! stamps

He he... I've been spending a lot of my crafting time lovin' on the Paper Pretties stamps and subsequently neglecting my Stampin' Up! rubbah. Some of which has never seen an ink pad much less been touched by one including many of the stamps in my much drooled over Bloomin' Beautiful set. I decided to rectify that horrible situation and sat down with the set and my Copic markers and this is what I came up with. :)

In other news my dad is now visiting and the installation of the hardwood flooring is progressing which means my house is incredibly messy and cluttered. It's a sad day when my craft room appears clean and organized in comparison with the rest of the house! However what has been installed of the flooring looks beautiful so it is so worth it!

Quick notes: The main image was stamped and colored twice. From the second image the bloom was cut and then adhered to the first with dimensionals. The first image was then cut into a rectangle and embossed with on the Small Rectangle Nestabilities. A scalloped square was cut from Blue Bayou cardstock and the layers adhered together. Two of the scallops were cut off so that a piece of Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon could be knotted around the layers. A sentiment was stamped on a scrap of River Rock cardstock, punched out with the Small Oval punch and tied to the ribbon with some Linen Thread. I used a dimensional to stick it in place so it doesn't move around.

Next a piece of Soft Sky cardstock was wheeled with the Forever Flowers small whell in the same color and the edges sponged. Then it was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing flower. This piece was then layered of Blue Bayou and adhered to a River Rock cardbase. To finish the main image panel was added with more dimensionals.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful, Forever Flowers wheel. Paper: River Rock, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Georgia Pacific white. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Sky Classic, Copic markers ( T1, BG10, BG13, BG93, YR21). Other: Small oval punch, 1/16" handheld punch, Soft Sky double stitched ribbon, Small Rectangle and Small Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities, dimensionals, CuttleBug Swiss Dots embossing folder, linen thread, vintage brads, sponge.

10 comments:

  1. So pretty, Danielle! Gorgeous job coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so very elegant and soft!! Beatiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card...lovely colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love the choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CherylQuilts at SCSJune 9, 2008 at 8:24 AM

    This is beautiful! I love got this set, and this is wonderful inspiration! Exciting to hear about your new flooring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wood flooring how nice... id like to see a before and after.
    i do love this flower! great card.
    nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too, have been thinking you're neglecting your SU stamps! LOL....so glad to see some SU stuff again, because I'm an SU demo...and I LOVE your work! Keep it comin! LOL :)

    Crystal (SCS happy2stamp4ever)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Pretty! I love the colors you chose and the way you stamped your cardstock before cuttlebugging it looks really neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coloring is gorgeous Danielle!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so very pretty! Your coloring is just beautiful. This was one of the sets in the mini that I didn't think I wanted, now I am seeing so many beautiful cards with this ....I suddenly HAD to order it.
    I love your work, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)