Thursday, June 12, 2008

Paper Pretties Challenge

Are you ready for it? This week's Prettie Challenge over at the Paper Pretties forum is a sketch challenge and it is all about triangles!

Yeah, I had fun with this one. If you make a card with this sketch pop into the gallery over at Paper Pretties and upload it there so that you can be entered into the weekly contest. :)

*(Edited to add): Oops! I put the wrong challenge number on the sketch layout. It should say PWC7. I must have been having one of those days!

For my card I used the Rainy Day Friends set and more of the fun Archaic Designer paper from Basic Grey and of course my Copic markers. I'm debating purchasing a compressor for airbrushing since I've already used up one can of compressed air (the last of it on this card) and that stuff is expensive! But I really should be good and wait a month or too... maybe. :)

Quick notes: images were stamped on Georgia Pacific white paper and colored with Copic markers. A little ground was doodled with a black pen after which the stamped images were masked and the ground and sky airbrushed. For the background two pieces of 2" x 2 1/2" designer paper were cut in half diagonally to create four triangles which were adhered to a piece of Summer Sun cardstock. Next stitching was added around the outside edges with a sewing machine and ribbon was added. To finish the layers were adhered together. I'm really liking this layout... it would even be great for a scrapbook page. :)

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Rainy Day Friend. Paper: Old Olive, Summer Sun (retired), Georgia Pacific White, Archaic Designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (E11, E33, Y17, YR21, YG63, BOO, R59), Copic Spica lemon pen, black pen. Other: Copic airbrush system, Turquoise dotted ribbon (May Arts), Chocolate Chip poly-twill ribbon, white thread, sewing machine, dimensionals.

Oh, forgot to mention but I used one of the Copic Spica pens to add a bit of glitter to the sun. Now if only the sun shining outside my house would cool just a bit... it was way too hot yesterday! Ick!

2 comments:

  1. hey!!!!!
    Please correct the link to paperpretties. I tought I'd let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH Danielle. This is so different, cute, I love it! I'm going to post a link on my blog right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)