Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pretties Thursday - Another late night post!

Oh, the frustration! Forced to wait to share a cute card with you because my internet service went down... for hours and hours. It seemed like an eternity! :( But it is back on and now that I am caught up with my emails I can share my card for the Pretties Weekly Challenge (PWC9 to be exact) over at the Paper Pretties Forum. This time it is a sketch challenge... which if you keep scrolling down you can see but I couldn't wait to share my card so you get to see that first. :)

Card details: Image was stamped on some Neenah Classic Natural White paper I picked up at a local company's yard sale. Can you believe I got a stack of this for $2.00? Actually it was scored for tri-fold invitations but since I cut the paper anyways I really didn't mind that there were score lines. Yippy - I do so love a good deal!

Back to the details: I then colored the image with Copic markers, die-cut and embossed with a Nestabilities Circle die. This was then mounted on a scalloped piece of Night of Navy Cardstock (Petite Scallop Circle die was used). For the next layer I cut four squares of designer paper, sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip Classic ink and mounted on a Certainly Celery layer. Three brads were added to the upper right corner, the edges sponged with more Chocolate Chip ink and then mounted on a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" More Mustard card base. Finally a sentiment was stamped on Kraft cardstock, trimmed to 3/8" high and the right end rounded with the Word Window punch (Beate has a great tutorial on this technique.) To finish the sentiment (after more sponging) and main image were adhered to the card base with dimensionals.

Now that you have viewed the sample here is the sketch! Enjoy!

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Sweets for the Sweet. Paper: More Mustard, Certainly Celery, Night of Navy, Kraft, Neenah Classic Natural White, True-blue and Truthful True Designer (Fancy Pants). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip Classic, Copic markers (T3, T5, W2, E00, E55, E77, BG09, YR21, YG13, YG91). Other: brown brads (Doodlebug), Nestabilities in Classic Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle, Word Window punch, dimensionals, sponge.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this card! The dp you used is gorgeous, and goes so well with this image! Thanks for another awesome sketch, can't wait to get upstairs and try it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the colors and your Copic work is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally adore this card!! You are awesome girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)