Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pretties Thursday: Anything but a card

I decided to make something a little different for today. A tag that also doubles as a gift card holder! Of course the only gift card I had on hand was one from Menard's (which is a bit UGLY)... so I decided to deviate from the gift card color scheme and do my own thing which ended up being a very pink card. :) You can bet that when I actually use this holder it will contain a different gift card... besides I'll have spent this one by then. Heh heh.

Quick notes: the holder is 2 1/2" wide by about 4 3/4" tall. I used a velco dot for the closure on the back (magnets would be nice too) and a bit of pink twill ribbon that can be used to tie the tag to a gift. If you want specific dimensions for the holder leave a comment letting me know so - if there is enough interest I'll draw up a diagram/sketch. :)

Stamps: Rainy Day Friends (Paper Pretties), Cute Converse (retired). Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Georgia Pacific White. Ink: Close to Cocoa Classic, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic clear and gold Spica pens. Other: Pink twill ribbon (Taylored Expressions), hemp twine, white organdy ribbon (SU! retired), vintage brads, Antique Brass jumbo eyelet, Velcro dot, small oval punch, 1/16" circle punch, dimensionals sponge.

13 comments:

  1. I would like to know the dimensions, it is so cute and makes a great gift holder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card holder! I would like to know the dimensions and how do you keep the card in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Danielle! Love all the pink - she's so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So super cute Danielle!!! I love all the pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Danielle! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love it if you shared the dimensions! Great gift card holder!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card holder, I would love the dimensions.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love the dimensions to the gift card holder. It was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a neat card holder and I love the colors too!! Hope you can post the dimensions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I would like the dimensions also!! Just in time to start Christmas cards....

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Danielle! Guess what? Your work has convinced me to buy some Paper Pretties stamps! :D I put my order in yesterday and am so excited to play with them! I am not sure I can wait 2 weeks! Hehe. I am looking forward to taking part in your challenges! Your gift card holder is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)