Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Pretties Wednesday Challenge: Doodle

Yikes! I'm a little late posting my weekly Paper Pretties challenge card today! But here it is! Two weeks ago Joni challenged the Prettie Girls to use our own handwriting or drawing on a card. Well... I went a bit overboard on this one. I only meant to draw a tree with some leaves and next thing I knew there was a road, dirt, a bit of grass and a fence. What do you think? Does it look like Cooper is on his way to school? And really really happy about it!? :)

Quick notes: Stamped Cooper on Georgia Pacific white and doodled some images around him. Then I did lots and lots of coloring with Copic markers! I kept the rest of the card masculine and refrained from any frilly accents including ribbon although I did use Twill Tape. Let me know if you have any questions - I'm off to check out what the rest of the Paper Prettie girls made!

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Look Out World. Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Georgia Pacific white, Soft Sky designer, Close to Cocoa designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Close to Cocoa Classic, Copic markers (B00, B23, B29, B91, BG05, BG45, YG13, YG17, YG63, T3, T5, YR16, YR68, E00, E33, E55, E57, E77, Y21), black ZIG pen. Other: Word Window punch, silver brads, twill tape, dimensionals, sponge.

I just wanted to share this little itty bitty organizational tip since it works wonders keeping track of which Copic markers I use to color an image. After making a card and clearing out my stamping space I grab a sticky note and make a list of any special supplies that I used to make the card such as the Copic marker names or designer paper. After which I stick it to the back of my card until I'm ready to post the card to my blog. Works wonders - except when I am not at home and do not have access to my stack of sticky notes! :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you drew and amazing scene! Your card is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Danielle! Great job on the challenge! I'm scared of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOSH GIRL!!! This is AMAZING!!! Love the scene that you drew, you are one brave girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That's Fantabulous!! I think Joni's going to be way impressed. Perhaps you'll have to help draw some stamps sometime! :-) Really beautiful scene there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOA! overboard in a good way! your drawing is fantastic! your coloring is too. love your card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle, your drawing is fantastic! You are truly an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ur a good draw-er!! very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you drew all of that!!! It is adorable!!! Love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. genious! I am going to have to start doing this! I never remember what colors I chose! This card is adorable! I love that little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)