Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pretties Wednesday

Would you believe that this is my take on a baby card using Paper Pretties stamps? He he... a couple weeks ago Jana issued a challenge for the Prettie Girls to make a baby card and this is what I made! Can't wait to see what the rest of the Prettie Girls crafted... I'm betting they are gorgeous though! :)

Quick notes: the shell was paper pieced for a scrap of Archaic designer paper and the rest of the image was colored with Copic markers. I did draw the black horizontal line. I then matted the image on black, added some paper piercing to three of the corners and on the forth punched a hole and knotted a scrap of ribbon.

Next I cut another piece of Archaic designer paper (dinosaurs this time!), ticked the corners with the Ticket Corner punch and matted on Basic Black cardstock. I glued a piece of twill tape that I had airbrushed with a Copic marker to the background and added three brads on each side. On top of this I adhered the main image with dimensionals. Next I stamped a sentiment on Sage Shadow cardstock, matted on Handsome Hunter and adhered to the background with more dimensionals. I then punched a hole through all of the layers and added a brad from SU!'s Styled Silver hodgepodge hardware set. To finish I used more dimensionals to glue the whole thing to a 5" x 5" card base of Sage Shadow. Ohh... and I did poke a hole in each corner of the very bottom black mat. :)

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Look out world (sentiment), One of Those Days. Paper: Sage Shadow, Basic Black, Handsome Hunter, Georgia Pacific white, Archaic designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (E33, W2, Y38, B91, B95, 0-Colorless Blender). Other: Copic airbrush system, mat pack, paper piercer, black striped ribbon (May Arts), Twill tape, styled silver hodgepodge hardware, silver brads, rectangle handheld punch, 1/16" circle handheld punch, ticket corner punch, dimensionals.

P.S. Did you know that Paper Pretties now has gift certificates? Well they do!!! Perfect gift for that someone special or something easy to add to your own wish list. :)

9 comments:

  1. This is a hoot! I couldn't possibly think of cutting in my cool Archaic paper...not until I saw the patterned egg you made with it! The airbrushed twill is awesome, too! I love that this is your take on a "baby" card. My kinda gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this stamp! Too funny! You chose some great colors and papers to go with the image too! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect!! I love that sentiment paired with that stamp - you're brilliant!! And the papers you used are wonderful, you certainly nailed this challenge!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute Danielle!! That egg is too funny!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stinkin awesome!! LOL!!! I love your take on the baby card, mine was a little "out" of the box too!! I titled it "They Made A Baby" over in the prettie gallery!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omgosh, is so funny Danielle! You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool baby card... colors are definitly not traditional baby colors but it really works for this card and the dinosaur theme is great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who would not want to get this in the mail. What a great and sweet looking card. I love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO CUTE!! I don't think I have see that stamp or heard of that company. WOW....another stamp company to check out! ;) You always make the best cards girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)