Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pretties Wednesday

Two weeks ago Jillian challenged the Prettie Girls to "make it new". Take one of your old unused stamps or stamp sets and ink 'em up. So I was thinking about digging out some old SU! sets that I haven't used in a while when I remembered a plastic container of stamps I bought years ago one by one when I first started stamping. And yikes do I ever have quite a few cuties that have been very very neglected including this adorable moose from Whipper Snapper Designs (I didn't even know I owned a stamp by them!). I also found a never used mini Disney alphabet set from EK Success... although it's all inky now!

Card notes: The moose was stamped in Black StazOn on watercolor paper and painted with Classic reinkers and an Aqua Painter. I then doodled a bit of ground with a black pen and outlined the image with a Copic marker. Next I stamped the sentiment "moose you" with the Disney alphabet set in Basic Gray Classic ink on a scrap of Certainly Celery. The sentiment was punched out with the small oval punch, a couple small holes punched on the left side and a piece of linen thread tied through them before adhering to the main image. A couple 1/4" circle holes were adhered to the upper right and then brads stuck through them. To finish the main image was layered on a 4" square of Chocolate Chip before adhering to the River Rock card base with dimensionals. The finished card size is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". Now I really need to send this off in the mail along with the last couple of challenge projects! I am so behind in my mailings!

Stamps: Marvelous Moose (Whipper Snapper Designs), Winnie the Pooh ABC Alphabet (EK Success). Paper: River Rock, Chocolate Chip Certainly Celery, watercolor. Ink: Black StazOn, Basic Gray Classic, Chocolate Chip Classic, Close to Cocoa reinker, Chocolate Chip reinker, W2 Copic marker, black pen. Other: small oval punch, 1/16" handheld circle punch, 1/4" handheld circle punch, vintage brads, linen thread, dimensionals, sponge, Aqua Painter.

9 comments:

  1. OH is this adorable, Danielle! I've never seen that stamp. . .how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! love your moose and love your coloring, too

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Danielle! TFS...hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. danielle - TOOOO cute! i just love that moose, and your coloring is fab. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to find what's old and make it new again. What a great image. love how you colored him. nice, simple card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! Great job bringing new life to old stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stinkin cute!!! Love the Moose!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)