Friday, June 27, 2008

SC181: A sweetheart of a card

I have a quick and simple card for you tonight! This one uses last week's SCS sketch challenge, which you can see here. Hmmm... I guess I can so simple after all. :)

Quick notes: Stamp leaves on River Rock cardstock layer in Always Artichoke Classic ink, stamping two times before reinking the stamp. Stamp sentiment on a strip of Soft Sky cardstock and then adhere to River Rock piece. Next wrap taffeta ribbon around both layers and tie in place with a piece of linen thread (no knotting needed!). Next stamp heart in Blue Bayou Classic ink on Naturals Ivory cardstock and trim. Add one clear crystal brad and adhere to River Rock piece with dimensionals. To finish adhere finished piece to a Kraft card base. Finished card size is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Always. Paper: Kraft, River Rock, Soft Sky, Naturals Ivory. Ink: Always Artichoke Classic, Blue Bayou Classic, Basic Black Classic. Other: crystal brad, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Linen Thread, dimensionals.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE your card, Danielle! The little piece of linen thread tied around the taffeta ribbon is just a wonderful idea! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I loved this sketch last week too! I really love how you did the ribbon, tying it with the linen thread! Very clever and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Great colors and the layout of the images is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card! I love the colors and the simple layout. Do you mind if I CASE?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just awesome Danielle!! I love that stamp set, but I have such a hard time using it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty and eye-catching card. I really love all the details you put in the card. It eally takes the simple layout and takes it to the next level. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, Danielle! Great color choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)