Monday, June 9, 2008

Thank Ya Birdie

Guess what?! I used another one of my much neglected never seen ink SU! stamp sets! Woo hoo! This one is for Beate's weekend sketch challenge #51 - not only does she come up with some awesome inspiration pieces she also does sketch challenges, which sadly I do not get around to playing with as much as I would like... not enough hours in the day to stamp! :) However I did have time for her latest sketch and the inspiration challenge which you can see my sample for tomorrow morning. Yes... you have to wait!

Quick notes for my simple card: ink branch stamp with markers and stamp on white cardstock. I inked the bird with the Ruby Red Classic pad (using a marker was blotching the image too much) and then colored the legs with the Chocolate Chip marker before stamping above the branch. Randomly stamp the flower stamp on a piece of Ruby Red cardstock in the same color. I'd stamp a couple of times before re-inking the stamp. Paper pierce the bottom edge and knot a piece of River Rock Double-stitched ribbon across the top. Next create a scalloped border from River Rock cardstock with the small corner rounder and adhere to the Ruby Red piece before adding the whole panel to the Old Olive card base. Add the main image with dimensionals. Finally stamp "thank you" on a scrap of Ruby Red cardstock, trim, add a brad to the upper left corner and glue to the card with more dimensionals. Me likey dimensionals... a lot! :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Spring Solitude hostess. Paper: Old Olive, Ruby Red, River Rock, white. Ink: Old Olive marker, Chocolate Chip marker, Ruby Red Classic. Other: River Rock double-stitched ribbon, silver brad, mat pack, paper piercer, small corner rounder, dimensionals, sponge.

8 comments:

  1. I love this card - the colors are great! I so wish I could have earned this set, bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is lovely, Danielle! My set has never even seen ink, but you are inspiring me to finally use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Danielle. The colors are so rich and the layout so simple yet elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, Danielle! Love this stamp set, love those colors! Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love that little bird on a branch and the colors you used in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the stamp set had to have it...cant wait to see more creations w/it

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, me likey dimensionals a lot too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay - another SU! set!!!!! I LOVE your stuff....this card is no exception!!! BEAUTIFUL!! =)

    Crystal (SCS happy2stamp4ever)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)