Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday Charmaine!

The Prettie Girls are celebrating Charmaine's birthday in style... virtual style that is! :) Each Prettie Girl is bringing something to the party as well as a very excellent birthday card.

I'm bringing some yummy Chips and Dip that I found on the Martha Stewart Living website. Nom nom nom!!! I used the tasty colors and the placement of the dip bowl as inspiration while making my card. I even drew up a slick Inspiration Color Card (as I call it) with color cubes and everything for reference. If you are inspired by the piece add a comment to this post with a link to your creation. I would love to see what make. :)

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Prettie Girls have brought to the party. There is bound to be plenty of inspiration and beautiful cards to see! To make it easy to blurf here are links to all of their blogs (and Michelle from Stamper's Dream is joining us in the fun!):
But hey, you probably want to see the card that I made for Charmaine! I really like how this one turned out and the velvety texture of the flocked paper and ribbon adds a bit of a decadent touch to the card... ohhh... so fun to touch! :)

Notes: I first tried knotting the velvet ribbon but really didn't like how that turned out for two reasons: 1.) the knot was HUGE and way to bulky and 2.) after knotting the back of the ribbon was visible and well just not that pretty. So I untied the velvet ribbon and squished out the wrinkles with my fingers. I overlapped the ends of the velvet ribbon and then knotted a small piece of Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon around the overlapped pieces. After knotting I pulled the velvet ribbon taut, trimmed the ends, and adjusted so everything looked pretty. Hopefully that makes sense. :)

Now I just need to buy a couple of stamps and mail this card out on Monday (along with a bunch of other ones I have waiting to go!)

Have a great weekend everyone! And Happy Happy Birthday to you Charmaine!

Stamps: Look Who's Perky (Paper Pretties), One Smart Cookie (SU!). Paper: Really Rust, So Saffron, River Rock, Neenah Classic Natural White, Madera Island Sarmientos flocked designer (SEI). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers (E31, E33, Y17, Y21, YR00, YR14, W2, 0). Other: mat pack, paper piercer, Classic and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Yellow Velvet Ribbon (American Crafts), Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon, silver brads, Word Window punch, dimensionals.

15 comments:

  1. Danielle...I LOVE this card!! It's gorgeous...and the inspiration piece is perfect. Makes me hungry for chips and dip even if it is only 9am!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful - so rich and pretty!! Charmaine will love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your color inspiration! that dip looks yummy. I love how your card turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Charmaine is lucky! I love this card, and your ribbon trick is really cool! I'm going to have to try that...I like that you get more visual effect from the 2nd piece of ribbon, and it kinda looks like a bow without the fuss of trying to make a perfect bow (well, I haven't tried it yet, so maybe I'll fuss just as much).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I adore these colors!
    Do you use a template to do the paper piercing? Where could I find a template for this?
    I am a huge fan of your blog and cards!!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous Danielle!! The colors and texture are fab, and that inspiration picture is making me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle! This is SO beautiful! Such a yummy inspiration and the card is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummo, love the dip! Your card is just darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, and it's a perfect take off from your inspiration. Charmaine is sure to love it! Thanks for asking me to party with you today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is too fabu Danielle!! LOVE every bit of this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable, Danielle! I LOVE it! Hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card and that ribbon just added the perfect touch...dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is beautiful! Love the velvet ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Danielle! That dip looks fabulous! and I LOVE that card! What a way to make a girl feel special! You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)