Thursday, July 24, 2008

Paper Pretties Thursday: Buttons Galore

One button, two buttons, three buttons - how about many buttons!? It's Paper Pretties Weekly Challenge time and this week I want you to use one or more buttons on your project! Now you do not have to be as crazy as me and use twenty three buttons but have fun with 'em. Perhaps tie a little string through the buttonholes or place a glue dot in the middle of the button and add glitter for some extra sparkle.

How does the Paper Pretties' challenge work? Make a card, scrapbook page, altered item or so forth using Paper Pretties stamps if you have them. If you don't have Paper Pretties' stamps, still feel free to join in the fun... the more the merrier! :) Then visit the Paper Pretties' gallery and upload a picture of your project to the Weekly Challenges category (also use the keyword PWC12 - aids in searching). You have until the following Thursday to upload your picture to the gallery to be entered into the contest to earn a little something something from the Paper Pretties' Boutique.

For my card I stamped Howdy Girlfriend Sophia on Neenah Classic Natural Cardstock and cut out with a Nestabilitie circle - matting on a slight larger Kiwi Kiss circle. She was colored with Copic markers and a bit of sponging was added to the edges. She was then matted on a larger scalloped circle with dimensionals (used Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities). I then added oodles of buttons around the main image with glue dots (large and small). I tied linen thread through some of the circles and added glitter to others. :) To finish a bit of designer paper was adhered to a 5" x 5" Riding Hood Red card base and some ribbon was knotted around the cardbase and a sentiment hung from the knot with more Linen Thread. So what do you think? Is the card too much? :)

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Howdy Girlfriend (Paper Pretties August SOTMC set). Paper: Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Sahara Sand, Neenah Classic Natural white, Birds Nest designer from Spring Fling Collection (Pink Paislee). Ink: Black, Copic Markers (W4, 0, E00, E27, E39, Y17, Y21, YG95, G99, R46), Gold Copic Spica pen. Other: Red buttons, Glue Dots (small and large), Linen Thread, Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, striped ribbon (American Crafts), Nestabilities (Classic Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle), dimensionals, sponge, mat pack, paper piercer.

11 comments:

  1. I love it!!! She's just adorable Danielle, and great challenge with the buttons...I never seem to use all my buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Danielle!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! I love all of those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic Danielle! I love all of the buttons! That's a great way to use them up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love the way you used those buttons! I'm definitely going to have to try this challenge:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable, Danielle! Love this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Super card!! I just love the buttons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love checking your blog because you do such a wonderful job.

    Also,I am bestowing a few awards I received onto your wonderful blog! If you’d like to see 7 random facts about me, visit my blog! Play along if you like…

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so cute! love all those buttons!!

    here is mine I did
    Howdy Girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just darlin'...thanks for the challenge and hope to have it done to share tonight at the PJ Party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)