Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Paper Pretties Wednesday: A Bit of Treasure Hunting

Two weeks ago Jules challenged the Prettie Girls to turn trash into treasure. How about if I use trash to make a treasure? Hope that counts! :)

For the trashy part: I took some bubble wrap I had lying around and inked up the bumpy side with Brocade Blue Craft ink. I then laid it over a piece of Kraft cardstock (inky side to the paper) and pressed on the back of the bubble wrap until the ink transfered to the Kraft cardstock - this created a fun crinkled dotted background. I then coated the dots with Iridescent Ice embossing powder (Craft ink was still wet) and heat set to add some sparkle. So the trash isn't part of my card... but I did use some. :)

Other notes: image was colored with Copic markers (although you knew that was coming). A bit of sparkle was added to the belt and boats with Spica pens. Also, all layers except the card base were sponged with Close to Cocoa Classic ink.

I can't wait to see what treasures the other Prettie Girls rescued from the circular filing bin. Have you rescued something? If you did, let me know so I can check out your wonderful creation. Have a great day!

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Howdy Girlfriend. Paper: Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Kraft, Georgia Pacific white. Ink: black, Brocade Blue Craft, Close to Cocoa Classic, Copic markers (W1, W2, 0, B34, B41, B91, E00, E33, E39, E57, Y17, Y21, YR21), Copic Spica pens (gold, silver). Other: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, small oval punch, Pewter Hodgepodge hardware, Bashful Blue Taffeta ribbon, dimensionals, sponge.

P.S. The main image is Paper Pretties Stamp of the Month (aka SOTMC) for August.

10 comments:

  1. LOL - this is SOO fun, Danielle! love the bubble wrap bg look & the way you did your sentiment/ribbon. awesome job on the challenge! I participated this week, go check my blog when you get a chance *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT TRASH!!!! It's fab, I love it, great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle...you are so creative! I love that you used the bubble wrap!! Such an awesome card too with beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that you made the BG with the bubble wrap -- I've heard of doing that before, but I tell ya....using craft ink & II EP? BRILLIANT!!! Sooo gonna try it! :)

    Crystal (SCS happy2stamp4ever)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea!! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome Danielle, you rock girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card - the bubble wrap background looks amazing and as does your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, very clever way to incorporate trash into your card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative idea! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhh thanks for the idea!!! gotta find me some bubble wrap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)