Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Paper Pretties Wednesday: Just a Bit Sketchy

Two weeks ago Jana challenged the Prettie Girls to make a card using this fun sketch that she drew.

I had a lot of fun with this one and used a lot of color although I did tone done the designer paper by overlaying it with some vellum cardstock. It was distracting from the bags of goodies a bit too much for my liking. :)

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Soakin' Up the Sun. Paper: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Cool Caribbean, Tempting Turquoise, River Rock, Georgia Pacific white, vellum cardstock, Shelby-Sweet Spring designer (Fancy Pants). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (W2, E33, BG05, BG45, YG63, Y15, Y21, Y38, R29, R43). Other: 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Old Olive wide grosgrain ribbon, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, Decorative Accent pebbles.

P.S. Don't forget that tomorrow the 31st day is the last day to sign up for the SOTMC over at Paper Pretties and receive Howdy Girlfriend a month before it is released to the public! :)

12 comments:

  1. Great card Danielle...I love the nice bright colors, and that is one of my favorite sentiments! Great job with the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Danielle! The vellum overlay is wonderful! I need to try that sometime! It has such a great effect! :D Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great time at Convention!

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Danielle! Your coloring is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so super cute!! I love it Danielle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the sketch flipped, Danielle! What a great card! LOVE the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute Danielle! I love those dew drops!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is MAGNIFICENT Danielle! Your coloring is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect Danielle!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute Danielle! The different bags are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're having a blast at convention!

    Your card is beautiful and just colored beautifully! Awesome job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm...very cleaver Danielle. I like that you rotated the sketch for a different look! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)