Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Paper Pretties Wednesday: Show me the green!

Two weeks ago Christie challenged the Prettie Girls to make a card using Green and White. I of course had to deviate just a tad, really just a little tiny bit, and add a touch or two of Chocolate-y brown to my card. Can you tell I was thinking of peppermint patties and mint chocolate chip ice cream? :)

Quick notes: Howdy Girlfriend Sophia was colored with Copic markers. For the background I cut a 3 7/8" square piece of designer paper which was then cut in half diagonally. These pieces were both sponged with Close to Cocoa Classic ink and paper pierced before adhering to a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Certainly Celery cardstock. Some brads, hodgepodge hardware and ribbon were added as finishing touches.

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Howdy Girlfriend (August SOTMC set). Paper: Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Georgia Pacific White, Chick-a-doo Pee-wee's Kiwis designer (SEI). Ink: Close to Cocoa Classic, black, Copic markers (T5, W2, 0, E00, E27, E33, E79, Y21, G99, YG13, YG63, YG91), Copic Spica pens (clear, silver). Other: Kraft Taffeta ribbon, Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware, brown brads (Queen & Co.), mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, sponge.

In other news: The fabulous Jules, our product reviewer at Paper Pretties, did a great write-up on ribbon slides which you can see in the forum. A great review is cause for celebration don't you think? I agree and so does Christie of Paper Pretties and she has put all of the ribbon slides in her boutique on sale for 25% off. Yay! And to sweeten the deal she has also included some pretty ric rac ribbon in the sale. :) And while you are over there checking out the sale take a gander at the Stamp of the Month Club. If you sign up during the month of July you will be one of the first to receive the Howdy Girlfriend Sophia stamp that I used on the above card. She is available to club members beginning August and then goes on sale to the public in September. Oh and be sure to let Christie know that I sent you there if you sign up. :)

11 comments:

  1. FABULOUS! and... if the name wasn't taken already I would rename her Peppermint Patty! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Danielle! I totally need Copic lessons from you! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darlin' card! Love your coloring and layout is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!!! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so super cute!!! I just love it, chocolate brown or not!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally cute card!! I love the paper - looks so cute with Cowgirl Sophia!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is fantastic, Danielle! Love her monochromatic green outfit and I'm so going to use that layout!! Awesome layout..did I say awesome layout????? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so CUTE! LOVE this Danielle! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm lovin' all this green (and want some of those goodies you dreaming of while you made this card!) that DP is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cowgirl!! What a sweet card - fabulous coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the sketch, the colours, the paper... everything rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)