Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Paper Pretties Wednesday:

Two weeks I issued a challenge to the Prettie Girls to make a card that somehow uses a circle... easy peasy! I really felt I had to go easy on everyone after my last Wednesday challenge to make a masculine card which was actually quite difficult. For this week's super simple circle challenge I decided to make a circular card.

How did I do it? Well I took my largest Classic Circle Nestabilitie and traced it onto a folded piece of Bashful Blue cardstock (8 1/2" x 4 1/2" folded in half). I made sure to leave part of the circle hanging over the cardstock fold. Then I used a pair of sharp scissors to cut the circle out. Quick and easy... just make sure your scissors are sharp so you can cut through both layers at once.

Next step was to stamp the main image on white cardstock, color, and cut out and emboss with a Classic Circle Nestabilitie die. I then used the embossed line as a guide to add paper piercing about the image. Layer this image on a slightly larger Petite Scalloped Circle (Cool Caribbean) and adhere to card base with dimensionals.

For the ribbon I then punched a whole through the image and cardbase with the Crop-a-dile. I threaded a piece of ribbon through the whole and tied around the left edge. To finish a couple of prima flowers were added with dimensionals and a touch of glitter was added with Copic Spica pens.

Images: Simply Special (Paper Pretties), Many Happy Returns (SU!). Paper: Bashful Blue, Cool Caribbean, Georgia Pacific White. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (BG05, BG45, BG93, YG63, YG67, YR14, YR24, E57, T5, W2) Copic Spica Pens (olive, melon, orange, gold, turquoise). Other: striped ribbon (American Crafts), flowers (Prima), silver brads, mat pack, paper piercer, Petitite Scalloped Circles and Classic Circles (Nestabilities), dimensionals.

P.S. This is quite the dainty card. Probably has a diameter of less than 4"!

10 comments:

  1. Oh Danielle, I simply love this little card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! The Spica glitter pens are a miracle, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, this is beautiful! I love the sparkle to it. The watering can looks so glamorous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great card! going to have to see if I can make something with this challenge soon. Need to find out your trick to get your sparkle in your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle this is beautiful!! I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is adorable! Love your work!
    I have got something for you on my blog, please do check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty!! LOVE the color of your watering can - great card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! great challenge and you rocked it. love your coloring, that watering can is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)