Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pretties Thursday: Tryin' to keep it simple!

It's another Thursday which means it is time for a new Paper Pretties weekly challenge. I do so love a layout challenge so that is what you are getting this week. :) If you participate in this challenge don't forgot to upload your card to the Paper Pretties gallery (in the Weekly Challenge category) and maybe you could win a little something something. :)

For my sample card I used the Sophia from Rainy Day Friend and a couple of the new Stampin' Up! In Colors. I'll be so sad to see Soft Sky, River Rock and Blue Bayou retire but I'm a bit psyched to have some new colors in which to play. Now I just need the matching ink pads to complete my collection of colors!

Quick notes: Sophia was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Neenah cardstock and then cut out with a Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilitie. She was then colored with Copics and her hat and unbrella were accented with Crystal Effects (adds shine). I then had to, really I had to, add a bit of paper piercing - one poke per scallop!

For the background of the card I used the raindrop and a VersaMark pad to ad just a touch of texture.

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Rainy Day Friend. Paper: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Neenah Classic Natural White, Gracie designer (Melissa Francis). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark, Copic markers (E00, E33, W2, B34, B91, Y21, G21, BG93, 0). Other: vintage brads, wide chocolate satin ribbon, Petite scalloped circle Nestabilities, small corner rounder, foam tape, dimensionals, Crystal Effects.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, and awesome sketch!! Will have to try to make time for that this weekend! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card!! I love that sketch too and hope I can play this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sketch Danielle, this is totally cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! Great sketch Danielle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! Here's my version: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/980630?cat=500&ppuser=154235 I used the weekly color challenge as well. -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout, here's my take on it:

    http://basementstamper.blogspot.com/2008/07/roses-mystery-image.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)