Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Room with a View

Obviously I cannot resist new stamps even when I have swaps to make for convention! I took a break and made this sweet card with one of the new hostess sets: Window Dressing. It has a bunch of different images that you can place in the window... including a cat, although it is not quite as *fluffy* as my cats. :)

Quick notes: Image was stamped in Black StazOn on watercolor paper and colored with re-inkers and an AquaPainter. The little birdie was stamped on Pink Pirouette cardstock and colored with Pretty in Pink reinker.

I punched the birdie out with a 1 1/4" circle punch and added paper piercing around the outer edge. I then dabbed a touch of Crystal Effects to each piercing and the bird. I like the little extra dimension that the CE adds. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Window Dressing (Hostess). Paper: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette, watercolor, Bella Rose Designer. Ink: Black StazOn, Classic reinkers (Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom, Mellow Moss, Almost Amethyst, Pretty in Pink, Apricot Appeal). Other: mat pack, paper piercer, Old Olive wide grosgrain, Cranberry grosgrain, Crystal Effects, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Real Red brads.

10 comments:

  1. When I saw this card I just went "OH that is so cute!" out loud...my family thinks I am now talking to myself...wonderful job on this card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle!! I LOVE this. I just got this set other day...but haven't played with it yet. Your card is amazing...as always...like ALL your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Loving the NEW STUFF! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet!! I LOVE new stuff!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle - you made this card look amazing! Love it paired up with the new dp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely and I like what you did with the crystal effects. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So super cute Danielle!!! I love the new goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute. I just got this set, that paper, and the cardstock so I may be making a card very similar to this one soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love itttttttt!!!!!!!!!!! You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)