Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What's cookin'?

How about a card? I actually made this one a while ago and have been hoarding it - just like I would yummy chocolate!

Quickie notes - 'cause it is late at night and I'm tired after installing my new Verizon DSL high speed internet (yay!). Images were stamped on Georgia Pacific white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with Copic markers. They were then punched out with a 1 3/8" square punch and mounted on an Old Olive cardstock layer with dimensionals. For the next layer I randomly stamped the cookie with Close to Cocoa Classic ink. I then added a bit of texture with a stamp from the SU! Itty Bitty Backgrounds set.

To finish some twill ribbon was knotted around the layered cardstock vertically and then two scrap pieces were folded in half and adhered along the bottom edge. After which a brad was placed over each piece as an accent. Oh, and a sentiment was stamped in Close to Cocoa ink along the bottom. I'm really loving the layout of this card... hmm... methinks you may see it again in the near future. :)

Stamps: Made with Love (Paper Pretties), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (SU!). Paper: Almost Amethyst, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Georgia Pacific white. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (yikes, I lost my list for this card!), Clear Copic Spica pen, Close to Cocoa Classic. Other: Twill ribbon (Taylored Expressions), silver brads, dimensionals, sponge, 1 3/8" square punch, mat pack, paper piercer.

In other Paper Pretties news: There's a new Cutie Pie Contest!

How would you like to be Paper Pretties Cutie Pie? I thought you would! All you have to do is make a card using your Paper Pretties stamps and send it to Christie at christie@paperpretties.net, and she will chose a winner from the entries. Besides getting to call yourself a Cutie Pie, you will also get all the stamps from this release for free! You have until July 31st at 8pmCST to get your entries in! Best of luck!

9 comments:

  1. Yum-o! I understand why you were hoarding this one! :-) Thanks for sharing! GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Danielle...I really love the layout, the ribbon, the bit of glimmer...perfect! I never would have thought to use this set this way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the brads and scrap ribbon accents. Such a nice little touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Danielle! I love how you displayed so many images from this set on one card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle this is just an adorable card - love the layout and the colors are yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous Danielle!!! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Danielle-
    I love your blog and you are being Tagged. Please visit my blog for all of the details. I didn't see that you had been tagged before so I hope this is not a repeat.
    Natalie
    www.stampingwithnatalie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card Danielle! The layout is terrific and I love your coloring! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. i feel like baking.... yum yum
    Again, im lovin the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)