Tuesday, August 26, 2008

BIC20: Poppin' Poppies

Guess what? It's back! The weekly Be Inspired Challenge from Beate. Yippy! Can you tell that I enjoy taking part in these challenges? This week is a piece of artwork called Framed Poppies by Jo Moulton that you can purchase from Coldwater Creek. My mom buys lots of clothes from there. So hey you can get your art and your clothes all from the same place... coolio!

I pulled a lot of inspiration from this piece: striped background, flowers and a color scheme of Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke and ivory. I wonder what the other ladies on the team picked from the piece? Guess I will just have to do a bit of blog surfing and visit all of their blogs: Jennifer, Susan, Silke, Dawn and Charmaine. Don't forget to visit Beate's blog and link your creation there so everyone can check it out! Happy crafting!

Notes: Inked the flower from Best Wishes & More with Cameo Coral Classic ink. Riding Hood Red ink was applied to the edges of the flower with a sponge dauber. I tried to just use a wedge of yellow sponge but ended up with ink everyone. I then used my pinkie to wipe the Cameo Coral ink from the flower center and then colored it (the flower, not my pinkie) in with a More Mustard marker. Repeated for a second flower. The stems are thin strips of Always Artichoke that I cut a into to create stems and leaves. I used my fingers to make the leaves curl a bit.

For the background I inked the inside bottom of my Cuttlebug embossing folder with Riding Hood Red Classic ink and then embossed a piece of Ruby Red cardstock. Quick and easy background!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Best Wishes & More. Paper: Ruby Red, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Naturals Ivory. Ink: Cameo Coral Classic, Riding Hood Red Classic, Black Stazon, More Mustard marker. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, vintage brads, Riding Hood Red Taffeta ribbon, dimensionals, Distressed Stripes embossing folder (Cuttlebug).

14 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! Love your take on the BIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Danielle! Love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love how you did the stems!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Pretty! I love the 3D of the flowers and stems:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Great interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, Danielle. I love your bicolored flowers and the gorgeous stems. The paper piercing and the dry embossed background gives it so much texture.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, your card is beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, Danielle! I love the stems!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful card Danielle - amazing take on the inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)