Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blue Butterflies

Just a quick post of a card I made a couple days ago with one of the sets I received at convention. I think this is my favorite set... although I did place a new catty order so who knows which SU! set will be my favorite next week! :)

Quick notes on the butterflies: each butterfly was two-step stamped in Pacific Point and Baja Breeze Classic ink. A bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter was added over the darker blue ink. For the sentiment a piece of ribbon was knotted around one corner and then a sentiment was tied to this ribbon with linen thread. Oh, and the card base is not quite standard - it is 4 1/4" x 5 1/4". Just looked better then having extra space on the right and left.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly. Paper: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Vellum cardstock. Ink: Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Black StazOn. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, Chocolate Chip poly-twill ribbon, 1/16" circle punch, linen thread, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, 2-way glue, dimensionals.

9 comments:

  1. Simply stunning! The color combo, the layout and the over all look. I had this set on my list but decided to wait to spring...hope it makes it.

    Hope you had an amazing birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Love the colors and layout and all that piercing! I played with this set earlier and was having a little trouble, so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of my favorite new sets, too! Just can't get enough of those butterflies!

    Happy birthday, Danielle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I was so impressed with your blog! It is so so so so nice! I love the colour combination! I will visit always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great card! the butterflies remind me of PTI's Butterfly kisses, which is also a great set. I hope you're feeling better & Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh Danielle!!! This is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This set is on it's way to me and I can't wait to get it!! This is gorgeous!! LOVE that color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...beautiful! I love the colors. Great layout! I also left you an award on my blog http://loribarnett.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-love-your-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Danielle! Love the colors and fabulous layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)