Sunday, August 10, 2008

Last of the Convention Swaps

Woo hoo! I'm back and posting. Yes, I was only gone for a day but it was a long day or so without an internet connection. I decided to install Service Pack 3 for XP on my laptop and it did not play well with my internet connection. :( But I fixed it by uninstalling the service pack (heh heh) and now I am back and sharing another card! Yay!

This is the final swap card I made for convention and more specifically for the SCS Dinner Swap. I made 46 of these puppies and was so sick of them by the time I was done. I don't think I've made a pink card since then. Blech!

As you can maybe see I used the Pretty in Pink marker to highlight portions of the heart and then a bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter for a shot of glam. For the background mat I rolled the So Swirly jumbo wheel in So Saffron Classic ink on Kraft cardstock. That is it for the notes on this card since I'd rather not think about it any longer or ponder how much fun it is to distress 92 (46 times 2) different pieces of cardstock. I think I inhaled a sheet's worth of cardstock dander in the process. Yick!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Always, So Swirly jumbo wheel. Paper: Pretty in Pink, Kraft, Pink Pirouette. Ink: Sahara Sand, Black StaxOn, Pretty in Pink marker. Other: Dazzling Diamonds glitter, silver brads, Pretty in Pink grosgrain, Kraft taffeta, distressing tool, dimensionals.

8 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful card!! Love all your attention to detail! Hope you'll approach pink again someday, you did great with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This card is gorgeous and well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! Carstock dander. Love it. I know just what you mean!

    Pretty card, I'm sure all the lucky swappers appreciated your hard work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous swap - very lucky ladies who received it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, atleast it is gorgeous!!! LOL!! It really is beautiful, but I know exactly what you mean!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle, I WAS one of the lucky ones who got this fabulous swap! I re-created it in a class last week, and the oohs and ahhs were non-stop. THANKS TONS, for ALL that you share.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)