Thursday, August 21, 2008

Let the Good Times Roll!

It is Thursday which means it is time for another Paper Pretties Forum challenge! Yay!

I was going over the contest submissions for the last several weeks (yes, I'm a bit behind) and noticed a trend... people seem to really like sketch challenges. So, I made another one for this week although I did add a bit of a twist: your card needs to lose a little weight around the middle. Yes, I want to see your skinny cards!

How does the Paper Pretties' challenge work? Make a card, scrapbook page, altered item or so forth using Paper Pretties stamps if you have them. If you don't have Paper Pretties' stamps, still feel free to join in the fun... the more the merrier! :) Then visit the Paper Pretties' gallery and upload a picture of your project to the Weekly Challenges category (also use the keyword PWC17 - aids in searching). You have until the following Thursday to upload your picture to the gallery to be entered into the contest to earn a little something something from the Paper Pretties' Boutique.

And here is my sample for the challenge. Of course I had to use Falling For You Sophia again (she will be available early September to members of the Paper Pretties SOTMC). As well as some delicious paper by Fancy Pants Designs and a bit of the new decadent Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon from SU!. I only drooled a bit on the ribbon. :)

Quick notes: The card dimensions are 3 1/4" by 6 1/2". The card can fit in a No. 6 3/4 envelope - usually the smaller sized long envelopes you find in the office supply aisle of a store. If you are wondering a dollar bill fits perfectly in this card... the good times are really going to roll for the recipient of this card! He he he.

And finally a close up of Sophia... she looks a bit like she is daydreaming, maybe of chocolate?

Hmm... just realized I forgot to add the shadow around her head. Pretend that is there. I will add it to the card later before mailing... really, I will! ;)

Stamps: Falling for You Sophia (Paper Pretties), Many Happy Returns (SU!). Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Bashful Blue, Georgia Pacific White, Hero designer (Fancy Pants Designs). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip Classic, Copic markers (E00, E33, E57, YG91, YG95, R14, B41, Y21, Y38, YR24, W2). Other: Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla satin ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, mat pack, paper piercer.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice! I'm so glad that fall is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable sketch! I hope I can play this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and sketch! I love doing skinny cards, so will definitely have to try this one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love the Sophia stamps. I keep meaning to buy a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card!! LOVE your coloring Danielle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this new stamp. I decided to play along. http://www.paperpretties.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1598

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a fun sketch!!! Your card is precious and love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)