Saturday, August 30, 2008

One little chickie, two little chickies

... three little chickies sitting in a tree!

A couple weeks ago I attended a rubber stamp expo in Novi, MI and I was quite taken by a tree stamp that I found at the Stamps by Judith booth... so I had to buy it and a bunch of little stamps of things to put in the tree. You know normal things like ornmanets, leaves and pine cones... and then of course the chicken. :)

I stamped the tree in Memento Tuxedo Black, as well as the leaves and chickens. I colored the images in with Copic markers, including tracing along the tree branches with a brwon marker. I then stamped some little twinkles amount the branches in So Saffron Classic ink.

I then highlighted the leaves with a clear Copic Spica pen and added Crystal Effects to the chickens and the centers of the twinkles. For the base of the tree I doodled some crash and dirt with a Micron pen and then colored with markers.

To finish the main image I layered on Chocolate Chip cardstock, added a scalloped border of Old Olive cardstock. Of course I had to add a bit of ribbon to the upper left side! To do so I punched a 1 3/8" circle and folded it in half around the matted image. I then punched two holes, threaded the ribbon through and knotted.

I didn't really have a sentiment stamp that matched the theme of the chicken tree so I wrote one up in Microsoft Word and printed on vellum cardstock. Then cut if out and folded in half adhering the one side to the back of the image and then just letting the sentiment side hang in front of the image. The sentiment was blending a bit into the image so I highlighted the text with a Copic marker. The card was finished by adhering to a River Rock card base with dimensionals.

So what do you think of the chicken tree? :)

Stamps: Tree, chicken, leaf, twinkle (Stamps by Judith). Paper: River Rock, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Georgia Pacific White, Vellum cardstock. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers (0, E57, Y38, YG63, YG91, YR07, YR21, G99), So Saffron Classic ink, Black Micron pen. Other: Scallop Edge Punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1/8" handheld punch, River Rock double-stitched ribbon, dimensionals.

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE that tree! So adorable! I'm really into trees lately and can't wait to get the new Season of Friendship that SU! is releasing in the new mini!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the chicken tree is hilarious! And very well done, of course!
    My mil LOVES Judith stamps and has tons of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi neighbor! I am not sure exactly where Grass Lake is, but I am in Northville. I was really bummed that I couldn't make it to the Novi convention. I was on vacation in Sedona, darn! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your chicken tree! Can't wait to see other versions of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the birddies.


    Cammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful find! Love your tree and all those chickens perched in it! WONDERFUL card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun little tree!!!! I too was "taken" by the Stamps by Judith booth when I saw it at a stamp show in PA. I found myself buying LOTS of little things to put in my tree :)

    this card is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)