Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pretties Thursday Challenge: A Sweet Box

Guess what today is? Oh wait, you probably already know! It's that day when I issue a Paper Pretties Forum challenge... woo hoo! The challenge for this week is to make a box! Not a card but a box of some kind. Well, you can make a card to go with the box or in the box but you also have to make a box (or decorate a box). Sheesh, I used box four times in that last sentence, but now you really want to make a box don't you?

How does the Paper Pretties' challenge work? Make a card, scrapbook page, altered item or so forth using Paper Pretties stamps if you have them. If you don't have Paper Pretties' stamps, still feel free to join in the fun... the more the merrier! :) Then visit the Paper Pretties' gallery and upload a picture of your project to the Weekly Challenges category (also use the keyword PWC18 - aids in searching). You have until the following Thursday to upload your picture to the gallery to be entered into the contest to earn a little something something from the Paper Pretties' Boutique.

For my box I followed the 3" x 3" Note Card Box tutorial by Laurie Schmidlin. Which you can find here on Split Coast Stampers. Of course I didn't actually fill my box with cards... I filled it with chocolate. Yummy Russell Stover Bavarian Cream Brulee chocolates to be exact.

Just a note: I used my new Scallop Edge Punch from Stampin' UP! to scallop the top. It cuts off more paper than a corner rounder would so I had to trim an extra 1/4" off each side of my designer paper for the top so that the scallops would show.

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Made with Love, Sweets for the Sweet (sentiment). Paper: More Mustard, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Neenah Classic Natural White, Maine Blueberry designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers (E00, E33, B23, B41, YG95, R83, W2, T3, YR21), Copic Clear Spica. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, bone folder, dimensionals, Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge punch, silver brads.

4 comments:

  1. Love your box and the way the ribbon closes it! Ok, I've been wanting to make one of these boxes for ever, so I will definitely be doing this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle,
    You are so wonderful at what you do. There has not been a time that I was ever disapointed when I visit your blog. No matter what you make it is always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)