Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pretties Wednesday: What's Shakin?!

Two weeks ago I challenged the Prettie Girls to make a shaker card. I think these cards are just the most fun to make so they tend to be my go-to card when I need something extra special.

For this card I filled the shaker part with bird seed. Isn't that just the neatest? I received a card at the Stampin' Up! convention with a bird seed shaker and just new that I would have to do one myself! And the seeds go perfectly with the watering can and flower pot stamp from Paper Pretties... too neat! The sentiment is from the new Stampin' Up! hostess set Best Yet.

Are you curious as to what the rest of the Prettie Girls have created? Well I am! Here are links to all of their fabulous blogs if you want to take a look-see: Julie Masse,
Charmaine Ikach,
Jana Weaver,
Jodi Collins,
Jackie Rakoski,
Joni Stringfield and
Carolina Buchting

Next week's Prettie Wednesday challenge is to make your own background and paper piece with it. Now that is a challenge!!!

Stamps: Simply Special (Paper Pretties), Best Yet Hostess set (Stampin' Up!). Paper: Creamy Caramel, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Neenah Natural Classic white, Chocolate Chip Patterns designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Black StazOn, Creamy Caramel Classic, Copic markers (YR14, YR21, YR24, BG10, BG11, W2, R27, YG91, YG95, 0). Other: mat pack, paper piercer, sponge, dimensionals, Wide Oval punch, acetate, foam tape, Antique Brass jumbo eyelet, Real Red brads, bird seed.

In Paper Pretties News:
Do you like to party? How about some socializing while you stamp? Well Paper Pretties is having another Stampin In Your Jammies party on September 1st. Where: the Paper Pretties forum. When: the fun begins at 8PM (EST). Hope to see you there!

Of course it wouldn't be a party without a Cutie Pie. Which means that it is time for another Cutie Pie contest. The deets: make a card or two or three and upload it to the Paper Pretties gallery. Make sure to put it in the Cutie Pie Submissions category. The contest ends on the 31st at 8pm (CST). The winner will be announced during the Stampin In Your Jammies party on the 1st!

A little reminder: August's stamp of the month is Falling For You (the super cute Sophia tha tis raking leaves). If you are a subscriber to the Stamp of the Month Club, you'll be receiving her in September but if not, you'll have to wait until the October release to be able to purchase her!

14 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Danielle! The colors you chose for this card are awesome!! Love the birdseed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable. I've never made a shaker card...eek!!! I love the birdseed, such a cute touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Danielle! I absolutely adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful Danielle! I love the layout, colors, everything about it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...I love, love, love this. Immediately, my sister popped into my head as she loves gardenging...and birds...and she would just love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle your cards are so cute. Love the colours that you have choosen for your card. I keep forgetting about giving a Shaker card a try again. Haven't done one in years.

    Please stop by my blog (http://amandadew.blogspot.com/) as I have given your blog the Artepico award.

    Thanks for all the great ideas.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl...this is MAGNIFICENT! LOVE how you didn't do a traditional shaker, but instead let the image dictate where your window would be!!! And, the bird seed...LOVE it! WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never cease to amaze me!! Absolutely awesome, and I LOVE the birdseed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh this is a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable shaker card, the bird seed is really neat! I would have never thought of that! I've awarded you an I Love Your Blog award on mine, you can check it out here http://jans-gonestampin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW... Danielle, this is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)