Thursday, August 14, 2008

PWC16: Cool Inspiration

It's that time again - the Paper Pretties Weekly Forum Challenge! This week I'd like you to be inspired by this lovely bedding set that I found at JCPenny.com. It could be the colors, something about the layout... whatever you are inspired to make!

How does the Paper Pretties' challenge work? Make a card, scrapbook page, altered item or so forth using Paper Pretties stamps if you have them. If you don't have Paper Pretties' stamps, still feel free to join in the fun... the more the merrier! :) Then visit the Paper Pretties' gallery and upload a picture of your project to the Weekly Challenges category (also use the keyword PWC16 - aids in searching). You have until the following Thursday to upload your picture to the gallery to be entered into the contest to earn a little something something from the Paper Pretties' Boutique.

Of course you would probably like to see what I was inspired to make, right? From the inspiration piece I choose three colors: off-white, Chocolate Chip and Bashful Blue and based my card off of them. :)

Quick card notes: I airbrushed a piece of Georgia pacific white cardstock with a couple of blue Copic markers and then stamped the cutie penguin. I used the Blender Copic marker to remove the blue from his white front and then colored the rest of him with other Copic colors. I added a bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the wave to mimic froth. To finish the main image some stitching was added with a sewing machine and a scalloped border was created with the Scallop Edge punch.

Stamps: Surf's Up (Paper Pretties), See You Around jumbo wheel (SU!). Paper: Naturals ivory, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, Georgia Pacific white. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bashful Blue Classic, Copic markers. Other: silver brad, white thread, sewing machine, scallop edge punch, twill tape, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, 2-way glue pen, dimensionals, Copic air gun.

8 comments:

  1. oooh - can't wait until we build our house so I can get this bedding?! it's just awesome! your card is too, wow - love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the colors that we're going to do our bedroom in! Too cool!! LOVE this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute Danielle. I see you are using your airbrush system. love that little penguine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card Danielle!! Your inspiration is great but I love Snowflake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing inspiration piece and love your card! Can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey nice! I have that bedspread! Cute card too!

    I know I'm new to your blog, but I loooove it! Nice! Be sure to check out mine if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome!!! Love that bedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Danielle! The blue is perfect with surfing Snowflake:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)