Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Swaps: No Assembly Required

Guess what? I brought home more than just swaps, good memories and stamps from convention. I also brought home a cold... at least that is what I think it is. What a bummer! Here I am with tons of great ideas to try and all I want to do is sleep. Oh well, maybe it will only visit for a short time... I can hope, can't I? In the meantime I thought I would share the 3D swap that I took to convention. I only made 14 of these and they went fast! Hmm... maybe the demos could smell the chocolate inside? :)

Quick notes ('cause I need to take out the garbage and then hit pillows): I started with a 4 1/4" x 6" piece of Old Olive cardstock and scored at 2 3/4" and 3". This creates a little folder for the chocolate. Next and final step - decorate the cover. Yeah, I'm leaving it as simple as that. Oh and to hold the folder closed use a Velcro dot cut in half and I also just used a bit of Snail to adhere the chocolate to the inside of the folder.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Priceless, Sweet Serendipity. Ink: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Black StazOn. Paper: Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Naturals White. Other: Old Olive wide grosgrain ribbon, gold brads, 1 3/8" circle punch, dimensionals, Velcro dot, Ghirardelli chocolate square.

Have a great night everyone!

7 comments:

  1. This is darling, Danielle! Hope you get rid of that cold soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous & I love the simplicity of the project! I will definitely need to take this idea for a spin!

    Thanks for sharing your lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cool! I love it! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is scroll stopping. So pretty. Sorry about your cold, fighting it myself. Did you ride in an airplane to get to convention? That always does it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super simple and Super cute!! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just darlin'!!! I have to try one soon. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Danielle! I might have to try it for my son's class at Valentine's Day.....hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)