Tuesday, September 16, 2008

BIC23: Spookin' Up Some Fun

It's Beate Day! He he... I think that is what I am going to call Inspiration Tuesdays from now on. This week's challenge is a fun livingroom scene with some bright splashes of Kiwi Kiss. I think Kiwi is my new favorite green so this challenge was perfect for me!

I paired the Kiwi with Black, White, Gray and Chocolate Chip... lots and lots of neutrals. And then I made a Halloween card... which I was not intending to do at all. I originally pulled out a butterfly set but well that didn't pane out. :)

Quick notes: I used a couple of the new sets that Stampin' Up! will be releasing at the beginning of October: Season of Friendship (the tree) and Frightful Nights (the Halloween schtuff).

Hmmm... wonder what the rest of the team used on their cards? You too? Well here are some links to their blogs: Jennifer, Susan, Silke, Dawn and Charmaine. Make sure to visit Beate's blog and if you make a card link it there!

Back to the card - Instead of knotting the ribbon I just tied the ends together. I really L-U-V this felt ribbon! It has such amazing texture and the stitching on the edges is sweet! I'm going to have to buy another roll... I just know it. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Season of Friendship, Halloween Frights. Paper: Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White. Ink: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Gray. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, Circle and Petite Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Slot punch, linen thread, Alpine Ribbon Originals, dimensionals.

17 comments:

  1. Awesome Halloween Card - Danielle -love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwi is my favorite green now too. I love that you made a Halloween card with this inspiration piecee. Love the layout, love how you combined sets and love the ribbon treatment.
    FANTASTIC card.
    Have a great day! Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Danielle! A totally unexpected direction- and you rocked it! I love the duplication of the circle element from the carpet in the inspiration piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I LOVE this, Danielle! How cute! Colors are fab and this is the cutest stamp! TFS! Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! And love how you did that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you combined the 2 stamp sets...I forget to do that sometimes! Love the ribbon idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome, Danielle. I love how you have offset the tree from the center of the circle. Great take on Beate's inspiration challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I LOVE it, Danielle! Wonderful card for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, this is WAY fabulous! I want to go copy it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW you have done an amazing job on this challenge! I love your used of the circles in the mat! Absolutely gorgeous!
    Keesh x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Halloween card!!! This color combo is becoming one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this card so much, I CASEd you! Thanks for the great inspiration. Here's my version: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1069206?cat=14760

    Thanks!
    Krystal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)