Friday, September 26, 2008

Feed the Bear!

As soon as I saw this bear set in the new Stampin' Up! catalog I new I HAD to buy it. Just had to! Well, I finally made a card with it and I love it... especially that grin. It just speaks to me and says something along the following lines: "I've raided your campsite and taken all of your chocolate, muhahahaha." As you can tell that was the theme behind this card. The bear is holding the skeeter spray and sleeping bag hostage until the candy is handed over. :)

Quick notes: The glittery letters are Thickers by American Crafts and I colored the bear, skeeter spray and sleeping bag with Copic markers, stamping the images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The rest of the supplies are from Stampin' Up!. I stamped the bear and colored him then stamped the skeeter spray and sleeping bag overlapping the bear. I then stamped both of the ransom items a second time on scrap paper, colored, cut out and adhered over the first images with dimensionals. What do you think? Would you give him your chocolate? :)

Ohh... and I used some of the new felt ribbon and cord that will be available in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini Catalog (on-line October 1st).

Stamps: Under the Stars. Paper: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Georgia Pacific White, Maine Blueberry designer (yes, I love this paper). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Thickers (American Crafts), Alpine Ribbon Originals, Cord, Scallop Edge punch, dimensionals, silver brads.

P.S. If you are wondering about the picture setting it is a dollie that my grandmother made and my mom inherited from her. Yup, I made this card while visiting the family and crafting with the buddies from the Sault. Hiya girlies!!! :)

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute - and that glittery GIMME is just too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!I just love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute, Danielle! I will never buy a set that has mosquitoes in it, but the bear is adorable! Love what you did here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)